$ 90.00 for Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
They probably buy "Tombstone" pizzas at the store and bake those.

No way! It's every stadium vendors life obligation to serve really [censored] food at very high prices. Tombstone® pizza would be too much of an upgrade.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
The couple times in the last year we've been by the stadium it looked like they were holding other events there. From what I heard parking was horrible at the old one.

On the news this morning was information about the online auction to buy all the office furniture, fixtures, etc. They've already ripped out all the seats, turf, bathrooms, lockerrooms, etc., and sold those pieces. Next is demolition.

Wave goodbye! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8pvz_caupQ&feature=related

What I can't figure out is how a stadium gets obsolete. Franklin Field, at PENN, is 85 years old and seats 52,000. Heck, build a university around the thing. What else is going to go in its place, a shopping mall?

I guess at some point in the future they'll start tearing down the mega-stadiums in favor of smaller stadiums that have a cost footprint that reflects the attendance demands for seating; unburdening the operations from so much waste in static/fixed costs.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
What I can't figure out is how a stadium gets obsolete. Franklin Field, at PENN, is 85 years old and seats 52,000. Heck, build a university around the thing. What else is going to go in its place, a shopping mall?

I guess at some point in the future they'll start tearing down the mega-stadiums in favor of smaller stadiums that have a cost footprint that reflects the attendance demands for seating; unburdening the operations from so much waste in static/fixed costs.

"Progress"

Originally Posted By: Win
What's the big deal?

It's Dallas.

They have standards to uphold.

Nah. Jerry Jones probably just has to pay for another face lift.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
What I can't figure out is how a stadium gets obsolete.

Outside of structural issues, I don't get it either.

Wrigley Field in Chicago is a century old. Fenway Park, etc...

Busch Stadium in St Louis was torn down a couple years ago in favor of a new ball park. With the changes the team made earlier this decade, it was a REALLY nice ball park with great views from just about any seat. The McGuire & Sosa battles were great to be a part of there. But now it's gone. Why? Who really knows the answer.

If there ever was a stadium that needs to be destroyed and rebuilt, it's the Nashville AAA ball club, the Sounds (owned by the Milwaukee Brewers). It's awful. Go to any other A, AA, or AAA park and you'll see why--it's like going to a little league park with mismatched colored seats, poor everything. On the flip side of attending an awful ball park, general admission seats are cheap, $8 I think. And even get to see a Chicago Cubs has-been...Cory Patterson.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Outside of structural issues, I don't get it either.

Maybe the seats and aisles no longer fit the average butt size.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Win
What's the big deal?

It's Dallas.

They have standards to uphold.

Nah. Jerry Jones probably just has to pay for another face lift.

Still won't make the bug-eyed freak look any better.

Franklin Field is awesome. Ran in the Penn Relays there about 5 years ago. Glad I had an inner lane to start in, as crashing and burning into the 10-foot-high brick wall around the track didn't sound appealing.

Then got to watch the pros compete. What a great time!

85 years old, and still a great place. They don't build them like they used to. Facilities were up to snuff, and the food wasn't too outrageous.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-new-Dallas-Cowboys-Stadium-will-offer-90-pi?urn=nfl,180810

Greed at its worst! And you thought going to regular stadiums and the movies was bad.

These people make me sick!!

This story has been updated, no change in price from old stadium suite pizzas, $60, not $90.
Quote:
Update: In the post below, we link to a story from the Lincoln Journal World's Web site that contained a number of inaccuracies.

According to the Cowboys, the 20-inch pizzas at the new stadium will cost $60, not $90 as reported. (That's the same price they were in the suites at Texas Stadium.) There will be five different types of pizza available for that price. Beer will be sold for $5.

The suites themselves will range from $100,000 to $500,000 per year. That lease will include tickets to Cowboys games, but not third-party events.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...?urn=nfl,180810

"The suites themselves will range from $100,000 to $500,000 per year. That lease will include tickets to Cowboys games, but not third-party events."

It's hard to imagine anyone being THIS big of a sports fan.

$60 for pizza. What a deal! ROLFMAO!!!!

The half-mil per lease is difficult to comprehend. Geez, how dare I complain about the $275 per year NFL package on DirecTV?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back