$ 90.00 for Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pizza outside Chicago or New York, $12 is too much for a pizza.

Comparatively, you can order 3 deep dish sausage pizzas from Gino's East in Chicago, delivered to your home for $98.91.

Code:
"Deep Dish Crumbled Sausage Pizza (11"") $ 26.97 $ 80.91

Shipping $ 18.00

Sales Tax $ 0.00

Grand Total $ 98.91

And THAT is something to truly enjoy! You'll remember how good it was for YEARS.

Pizza at a stadium for $90? That's INSANE. The only thing you'll remember from that is how much of a rip off it was and how much the pizza really sucked. ick.

So I take that as a "no"?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
So I take that as a "no"?
grin2.gif

It's a rebate coupon. You will have to buy an envelope and spend 44 cents for a stamp so you can send it in. In reality your $1 coupon is really a 47 cent coupon. There is a 120 day processing period and they are not responsible for lost items in the mail

At the stadiums here, you will spend at least $100 if you have a family of 4. Thats 4 hot dogs, 4 drinks, and maybe a bag of peanuts. I think beer and hot dogs are $12 each.

Quote:
The only thing you'll remember from that is how much of a rip off it was and how much the pizza really sucked. ick.

That's the real ripoff. Most people don't mind paying high $$$ for higher quality ..even if the price is steeper than normal due to the environment. You can rationalize that. Something like a $75 round of drink on some skyview bar in Manhattan for a tourist where it would be $20 at ground level. But when they serve trash at an outrageous premium you have no way to justify why you paid the money.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-new-Dallas-Cowboys-Stadium-will-offer-90-pi?urn=nfl,180810

Greed at its worst! And you thought going to regular stadiums and the movies was bad.

These people make me sick!!
I got one word: "RECESSION" Then they wonder why!
smirk2.gif

Never went to a Cowboys game at Texas Stadium and I sure as heck won't go now (unless I get the tickets for free). I'll watch it at home in HD for free with family and spend much less on REAL food to feed them all.

Can't say anything about the pizzas, but the $5 beer is a bargain! I went to a concert in Denver and the beer was $9.75 for a 16oz plastic cup of domestic!!! Needless to say I followed the "Just say no" philosophy that day.

Originally Posted By: pickled
Can't say anything about the pizzas, but the $5 beer is a bargain! I went to a concert in Denver and the beer was $9.75 for a 16oz plastic cup of domestic!!! Needless to say I followed the "Just say no" philosophy that day.

The local stadium here has a sure fire way to get you to buy something to drink. They have non functioning water fountains. A bottle of water is a deal @ $2.50 to $3 for 12oz.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
Actually, all this stadium and taxation talk is how Arlington lured Jerry and his Cowgirls out of Irving. Irving had too much sense and too little money to replace Texas Stadium with that overpriced monstrosity, so they waved goodbye and now have a big empty lot to deal with.

The couple times in the last year we've been by the stadium it looked like they were holding other events there. From what I heard parking was horrible at the old one.

Wow, at the pizza place I delivered for $90 got you 2 1-topping sheet pizzas and 100 wings. Enough to feed ~25-30 people. Bet one of those $60 pizzas will feed 3 people, so that's $600 in pizza for 30 people.

Crazy.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Everyone is at liberty to say, "No thank you. I am not insane."
wink.gif

Typical comment from the voluptuously insane.
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
I refuse to accept their morality as virtuous!

Originally Posted By: Julian
Everyone is at liberty to say, "No thank you. I am not insane."
wink.gif

Typical comment from the voluptuously insane.
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
I refuse to accept their morality as virtuous!

Actually, I'm being cynical. Some folks always point out freedom* and liberty* as their penultimate gold standard. I ask those people to eat or to not eat that $90 pizza that is clearly a product of freedom.
grin2.gif

* The difference between liberty and freedom needs to be defined, although I have noticed that once it was all about liberty, but now it's about freedom. Maybe liberty is that what we want for ourselves, while freedom is that what we "give" to others.

You can mince words however you wish (I'm certainly not saying that's what you're doing, perhaps looking for a label). One king wants one thing, and the other king wants another. I assume you've seen the movie, if you need an analogy. I simply can't bring myself to say the name. It sounds too corny to even reference it, and I'm trying to be taken seriously.
grin2.gif
56.gif

Narcissist type A: everyone should be like me
Narcissist type B: everyone should want to be like me

I'm really trying to explain myself the best I can. I assume you would know where to find my "extended" opinion, given the subject.

Maybe liberty is that what we want for ourselves, while freedom is that what we "give" to others.
Yes. Ok, good people should want lots of both then. In one and out the other. Be willing Want to take your own medicine, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back