9 year old Honeywell made Fram PH7317 9200 miles cut open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the audience that sees this filter cut open in my other thread is likely to be quite small I figured I'd start a new thread for this filter. Honeywell made Fram imported from Canada and purchased on clearance at Tractor supply last winter for a quarter. Installed February of 18 on a 2016 Pilot and run for 9 months and 9200 miles with Napa Synthetic 0w20. Filter held up well, ADBV was pliable and functional when the filter was removed.

Enjoy.

20181117_153820.jpg

20181117_153829.jpg

20181117_153902.jpg

20181117_153922.jpg

20181117_153928.jpg

20181117_153933.jpg

20181117_153942.jpg

20181117_153947.jpg

Looks good Luke
wink.gif

I thought i had balls running a Tough Guard 20k but a 9 year old Canadian made filter, thats good to see
wink.gif

Thank You for c&p

What ya replace oil and filter with?

After Honeywell bought Fram, they had problems with the glue coming off the end paper, in fact Chrysler advised that they did not meet warranty requirements and not to use them. Personally, I knew folks that worked at the Nevada Ks plant that they closed. I also had a Fram leak and make a huge mess.

After Honeywell sucked all the good will away they could they sold the carcass to the Rank group, which has rebuilt the reputation somewhat. I still hate to buy them, but I have.

Rod

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks good Luke
wink.gif

I thought i had balls running a Tough Guard 20k but a 9 year old Canadian made filter, thats good to see
wink.gif

Thank You for c&p

What ya replace oil and filter with?

New Dexos1 Gen 2 Napa Synthetic 0w20 and a Napa Gold 7356 went back in and on.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
FlyNavyP3 - really well done. Thanks for the C&P.

Happy to contribute. For years, [censored] decades, I avoided Fram filters of any variety on my oil changes. I've recently warmed up to them again and have been exceptionally pleased with their performance. My 4Runner currently has a TG installed and it's previous OCI was also on a TG. He'll I even entrusted a TG9972 to the brand new Lexus in the driveway. The Lexus TG was a beautiful filter and is also posted in this section.

Fram media is tough, considering how uneven that pleating is. Could use 8-10 more pleats for my liking, but it held up perfectly, especially considering the miles. Thanks!

Originally Posted by webfors
Fram media is tough, considering how uneven that pleating is. Could use 8-10 more pleats for my liking, but it held up perfectly, especially considering the miles. Thanks!

The newer 2016 built PH7317 also in this section off of a Honda Odyssey has more pleats and also held up well. The orange can is hard to beat for the price. They don't look like much on the inside but they hold up well and 95% @20um is equal to a Napa Gold or Wix at a better price point.

Originally Posted by deven
I can read your palm! Boy nothing comes easy for you! You've lived a hard knock life....

My supple soft hands? They have it easy these days!

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by deven
I can read your palm! Boy nothing comes easy for you! You've lived a hard knock life....

My supple soft hands? They have it easy these days!

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by JC1
Looks good thanks for the cut and post.

You're quite welcome. Personally I prefer the 99% efficiency of the TG over the PH series 95% and if you're going to step up to a TG you might as well buy an Ultra XG series filter. But in this case the filter served it's purpose and the cost was right. The Pilot and Odyssey are a coworkers vehicle and his wife's van. I charge them $40 for oil change and tire rotation so saving a little on the filter helps make this profitable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back