9/11 Remembrance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this most solemn day in American history, Please take a moment and remember all those who have, and continue to make the Ultimate sacrifice for us today....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
On this most solemn day in American history, Please take a moment and remember all those who have, and continue to make the Ultimate sacrifice for us today....
frown.gif

Amen.

My wife grew up in Brooklyn and lived 6 miles from the WTC on 9/11. We observed a moment of silence at work this morning.

I was working in Connecticut on 9/11. I'm watching the shows on the history Channel as I type this.

Many acts of bravery and courage took place that day. Thank you to all sacrificed their lives to help each other including the 343 FDNY. They will never be forgotten.

Like it was yesterday. Started watching as I was making morning coffee. Wife and I left for Eau Claire, Wisconsin. We were driving on I-94 when the first tower fell. Almost every car pulled over to the side of the freeway, I guess everyone was listening to the radio.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Never. Forget.

With the decreased coverage and attention this gets over the years, makes me think ppl ARE starting to forget/dismiss it ever happened.
Heck, if I'm not mistaken this is the first and only 9/11 thread today on BITOG....seems a little late by my watch
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by JLTD
Never. Forget.

We forgot almost instantly and failed to act against those who funded this raid carried out by their nationals.
We instead moved against Afghanistan and Iraq.
Shame on us for not having acted when the time was ripe to do so.

Ahh that leadership was in Afghanistan... Then moved to Pakistan...

Yeah many of those people were from a country we did and still do a lot of business with... But the leadership was located in Tora Bora at the time of that event.

Interestingly a good number of those people met in Europe... Before coming here. In Germany in fact...

Over stayed visa no big issue right ?? Ha. Not now for many in this republic.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by incognito_2u
frown.gif

Amen.

Right on ^^^^^

This was a very strange day for me on my birthday...

I had just caught the biggest freshwater bass I had ever caught... A citation in fact... 22 and a half inches long and 6 pounds and 12 ozs... Go home to see everything happening. Like the highest of highs feeling to very, very low sense of feeling... Driving home and every single radio station was on this circumstance... Every one. Very, very strange.

Last edited:
I was in fifth grade when this happened. I remember the teachers talking about it but I also remember being too young to know what really went on.

I'm from NYC and was in 4th grade when it happened.

I was in class and my teacher had this radio on. I remember hearing how a plane hit the world trade center. I used to play Flight Simulator as a kid and thought that a small plane hit it by accident. They'd put out the fire and that's it.

Eventually as the day went by, parents started to come to the school to take their kids home. One by one my classmates would go home. I was thinking to myself "Hey! Maybe i'll get picked up too and leave school early!". Eventually I did get picked up.

On the way home, my mom told me that the "World Trade Center" is gone. I didn't know what she meant by that, I went to visit the towers a few years ago and just saw them on the skyline a week before returning from a trip.

I came home and finally saw what happened on TV. I didn't have cable TV and we watched TV with an Antenna. Half of the channels wouldn't work since the transmitters were on the WTC. It was shocking then, but I didn't really know the impact of it.

A few hours ago, I stopped by the WTC memorial. It felt very somber. I've seen the memorial before, but not on 9/11. There was a flower on each engraved name surrounding the former location of the towers. However I saw 2 of them had Lollipops. I looked closer and saw a note saying that these were the names of two children who died. Very Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back