89 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
People of BITOG,
I am looking at this vehicle and don't know too much about them other than they seem to be survivors. If any of you have any experience with this genre truck, your in-put would be valuable. It's an aotomatic w/ 5.0L. Thanks !!

Can't say much about the truck, though there are plenty of Kblazers of similar era that I see around...

A friend's father has the 5.0 in a wagon and it hit nearly 200k without much issue.

The auto trans should be near bulletproof... but Ill leave it to the experts.

JMH

Quote:

Any used vehicle is a big gamble, but those trucks are one of the best bets and hold their value well.

I agree. We've had 3 in the family. '89 would be the 2nd year of that body/chassis changeover (1988-1999?). Good drivetrain and tons of parts avail. Obviously the 305ci V8 wont give you the power of the 5.7L, but who cares! It's used and 19 yrs old.

Joel

Just to warn you it can be a pain to get that thing on the eway. I have a 95 gmc serria 4x4 ext 5L tbi and alot of times it requires me putting the pedal to the floor to get on the eway. But it is a nice torquey engine and I will probably miss it when I switch over to a car in the next few year to save my self from going broke trying to feed the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back