It was almost exactly one year ago that I got this barely running pile of truck out of some guy's backyard. I actually drove it 30 miles home, despite having no TV cable, a broken accessory drive bracket, no exhaust system, and an engine that would idle fine but wouldn't do much else other than smoke. The original window sticker was folded up with the owner's manual. It suggests that it has lived its entire life in and around this town. Old registrations show that the first owner was a paper comapny for at least the first ten years of its life. The odometer reads 109K, and I almost believe it, but it doesn't really matter. It passed to at least two other owners before I got it, and they negleted it pretty badly. For example, these are the U-bolts that were holding the rear axle on: I have worked on it nearly every weekend, and it is finally what I would say is mechanically sound and reliable. The major components were okay, but nearly every sensor, electrical circuit, and fluid needed attention. Everything on the TBI unit, the fuel pump, and the entire steering linkage was bad. Now that it is reliable, I have finally been able to work on other things, such as throwing a mini-spool in the rear end and painting it red (very important). I also threw on some 1.5" lift blocks when I replaced the scary U-bolts, and leveled the front torsion bars to match. Nothing crazy here. It is a truck for the woods. I have several acres of wooded land that need work, and this is the land truck. I need it to be reliable and not get stuck in the mud out there. Next on the list is finishing the exhaust system with a complete tailpipe, a new set of mud tires on a second set of freshly painted steel wheels, and a new tool box for the bed. Believe it or not, I even did an R134a conversion and had the A/C working, but then it all leaked out the front compressor seal. So it will get a new compressor before this summer. Land truck.