82 Cadillac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to clean Tony's car. I have some Zaino and I will use that but I do not know what to use on the leather. You can see it in the photo section on page 48 under Winter in Arkansas by Bio-T. Should I use a different wax? Any help would be appreciated. Tony always took care of the cars and I am just learning.

what condition is the leather in? Does it need cleaning or just conditioning?

Leatherique is supposed to be a KILLER leather restorer/conditioner on older leathers. But it`s expensive.

The entire car is in mint condition. It has been in the garage 98% of the time. The leather is in great condition but I do not want it to start looking old. I just had the carb replaced and the oil and all filters changed. I have a very trustworthy shop I go to. It is the same one Tony used.

Last edited:
I use the Armor All Leather Care spray conditioner on my Z`s leather. Funny thing is,it`s the cheapest stuff you can buy (and I buy it at the local grocery store) but it`s the best out of all the leather conditioners I`ve ever used. My car is 12 years old and is a daily driver,and the leather is showroom MINT.

The car now has a little over 8,000 miles on it. I will get the Armor All Leather Care the next time I go to town. I sure appreciate your help.

If the leather is uncoated the try Lexol. If it has a urethane coating then use Aerospace 303.

Do you know which Zaino product it is? I've never used Zaino but it's suppose to be pretty good.

And wow, only 8k miles on a 27 year old car?

I have Zaino's car polish, clay bar and Z7 car wash solution, show car polish, ultra clean gloss enhancer, and tire gloss. I also have Meguiar's paste wax. For car was I have purple passion that the guy at Auto Zone reccomended. I use the Meguiar's on my Mazda. I have never used the Zaino but I think that if I follow directions I will be OK. I wax the cars in the garage.

JHZR2, I've tried Leatherique on my 95 E320 and was underwhelmed by it. I think that's because the leather I have is finished in such a manner that it has no pores for the solution to work its way in and do its magic. Maybe the leather on you car and Helen's has open pores, and thus would be a good choice for both of you.

Helen, take the car out and enjoy it occasionally. It's good for the car and for yourself. I often do that with my 71 Cutlass so it doesn't get neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back