82 Amc Eagle Fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Just got a nice 82 Eagle with 200000 on The clock.Its a auto and 258 carbed six.I'm wondering if I should use atf+4 in the trans and transfer case,and Delo 80w90 in the rear?

The TorqCommand in that car was supplied by Chrysler it's a TorqueFlite copy , use Dexron or Dexron subs that are backward compatible.

Nice ride. My local mom-and-pop grocery store owner used to have one and used it to deliver groceries to the rural areas.
The carbs on those cars can get problematic and cause all kinds of cold start problems. (Remember, we are talking about a carb here) If there is any amount of grime on it, rebuild it before it leaves you set some cold morning.

Id run maxlife ATF in it.

Find a good 10w-30 or 15w-40 HDEO depending upon climate and run that car.

And post pictures!! Love those old Eagle cars!

Originally Posted By: skellyman
The TorqCommand in that car was supplied by Chrysler it's a TorqueFlite copy , use Dexron or Dexron subs that are backward compatible.

Not just a "copy," it IS a Torqueflite (904 or 727) in a case with an AMC bellhousing bolt pattern.

You can certainly use ATF+4 if you want, it is fully backward compatible in all Chrysler automatics per Chrysler recommendation, and its a very good synthetic-based oil. But that machine is also OK with Dexron, since its a transmission that pre-dates electronic partially-locking torque convertor logic. Dexron VI should be fine- Yes, its a little thinner than the original Dex III, but its also more shear stable.

I always liked those cars-had a coworker that always drove them and always looking out for another as his next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back