'80s Rock Music Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
This song never got enough air time, it was perfect on late night weekends with friends over, but was the only Billy Thorpe song I cared for. Bought the album anyway, no such thing as mp3 back then, was worth it for this song.

That's a good one!! Here's one that really freaked us out (we were probably 12-13 when we heard it):

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
If this is a female from the 80's thread then at the top of any list should be Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame'er Joan Jett..

Loud.. turn this up loud..

Jett and Benetar: Bubble gum teen corporate drivel!

The Pretender's Chrissy Hynde all the way!
You know, someone with Talent.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Some from Oz

I saw this one on MV60 while I was in high school and it blew me away. Ended up buying everything I could find my Midnight Oil when they came out on CD, also had "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1" on vinyl. Saw them at a free show in downtown Dallas that ended up being absolutely nuts, way too many people, but they put on a great show. "Read About It"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QzH4KOf9Bs

I know Garrett was an MP for a while, think I read that he ended up under some kind of cloud and stopped running for office...

Some from Oz

Spy vs Spy

Angels

This thread needs more Oz
smile.gif

I am not from down under but had friends of friends who were, and was exposed to lots of Aussie bands. Great stuff
smile.gif

Been rediscovering a lot of that music through Youtube.

Originally Posted By: ozric
Some from Oz

Spy vs Spy

Angels

This thread needs more Oz
smile.gif

I am not from down under but had friends of friends who were, and was exposed to lots of Aussie bands. Great stuff
smile.gif

Been rediscovering a lot of that music through Youtube.

I agree! Australia had some killer music!! I have a lot of Australian 60s rock in my collection (Easybeats,Bobby and Laurie,The Allusions,and much more). Some of the best music came from there.

OK, more Oz...these are the songs that will have everyone in the pub singing (???) along...If there's a jukeboxx, you will hear them just about every hour (first one not so much)

One about Heroin addicition - will always have yobbos leaning on each other's shoulders and trying to belt it out.

You'll NEVER not hear Khe Sanh if it's on the jukebox

This is a mid eveing song...

There's a bit of Oz culture that goes with that one...at every pause after Neeson asks "Am I ever gonna see your face again", everyone in the establishment screams back

No Way
Get f....
f.... off

Link to a search on the song live ... yes, heve been in those crowds, and "sung" along.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
If this is a female from the 80's thread then at the top of any list should be Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame'er Joan Jett..

Here's another good one from 1980s Joan Jett. She has a different look in this video.

Some really great covers of 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s songs can be found in
Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet’s “Completely Under The Covers”....

Completely Under The Covers - Susanna Hoffs & Matthew Sweet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TPJKHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CYwUAb2RMVQX6

Susanna’s husband, Jay Roach, needed music for his movie “Austin Powers”...
His wife, Susanna Hoffs, member of “The Bangles”, sang and played guitar.
Another musician hired was Matthew Sweet...

Sweet and Hoffs found out they both had a love of old classic rock/pop music, and the rest is history.
https://youtu.be/aoZEkk2VI_Y
https://youtu.be/4xcmKGwvX98

Last edited:
OK, more Oz...these are the songs that will have everyone in the pub singing (???) along...If there's a jukeboxx, you will hear them just about every hour (first one not so much)

You'll NEVER not hear Khe Sanh if it's on the jukebox

Ah yes Cold Chisel, hearing that voice triggered memories of some other songs, after looking around on Youtube they were Breakfast at Sweethearts and Bow River. I bet they were great live.

I remember Spy vs Spy the most, I had heard most of their first 2 or 3 albums.

David Bowie was a pioneer in so many ways, throughout his life and career. This song made its own social statement about slaves to fashion, even more clearly illustrated in the video.

My favorite charachter / persona of his was Screamin'Lord Byron

I couldn't believe he'd been commercialized when "Fame" was used as background music in a car commercial several years ago.

Videos making extensive use of something other than live action humans besides Dire Straits were these two. As domeone who made stop motion animation films in Jr. High & High School, the visuals impressed me whether or not I agreed with the message.

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

Land of Confusion - Genesis

Last edited:
Anyone else remember Timbuk3? Popular phrase when we were finishing college.

Rapid history summary of recent human conflict up to that time by Billy Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back