'80s Rock Music Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tony10s
^^^ This thread is about 80s music (80s music that is well-known, by the way), not music from the early to mid-70s.
wink.gif

Devo (which others posted about) probably have no idea that they are alot more (and better) than "Whip It". Consider it a little Devo trivia
laugh.gif

My favorite versions of Louie Louie,The Soft Jews "Louie Louie" from 1983:

The Last "Louie Louie" from 1982,released on LP in 1983:

This is the first Devo song I remember hearing, played on Dr. Demento's weekly radio program (not 80's but more trivia) from long before they made big bucks marketing plastic flower pots as Devo energy domes (genius merchandising). They were way ahead of their time, their name coming from what they saw as the Devolution of mankind, and how many threads do we see here about negativity towards society today vs past days?

^^^ This thread is about 80s music (80s music that is well-known, by the way), not music from the early to mid-70s.
wink.gif

If it's only about what's well known, how can you expect to learn or experience anything new to you?

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
wink.gif

If it's only about what's well known, how can you expect to learn or experience anything new to you?

Absolutely Nyogtha!! I post semi to very obscure 80s music. The 80s music scene was WAY much more than Madonna,thank God!!
laugh.gif

Much of the music I enjoy most by The Cars was made before 1980, but very little attention was paid to their third and perhaps most New Wave and least poppy album. This song is one I liked to mellow out to after a day full of hassles.

Last edited:
This song never got enough air time, it was perfect on late night weekends with friends over, but was the only Billy Thorpe song I cared for. Bought the album anyway, no such thing as mp3 back then, was worth it for this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back