'80s Rock Music Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Pop Muzik was wildly popular in my high school

The b-side of Pop Muzik was even better!! I can't believe I was 10 when this came out. My sister was 13 and had this 45,and we played it all the time on our parents' stereo.

Debbie Harry was more my speed than Stevie Knicks, especially after seeing her in the movie "Videodrome" back then. (Favorite line "My name is Brian Oblivion, and I only appear on video.") Also Erin Gray (actress not singer).

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Debbie Harry was more my speed than Stevie Knicks, especially after seeing her in the movie "Videodrome" back then. (Favorite line "My name is Brian Oblivion, and I only appear on video.") Also Erin Gray (actress not singer).

Cheap Trick - first live concert I went to, year was 1980. My favorite song of theirs, truly exemplified a not-so-great relationship I was in at the time. It was never made into a video except for use as background music in the movie Heavy Metal

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Oh, too many Weird Al versions to count! "Ayatollah!", "Eat It!", the list goes on to recent "Tacky"

one of the best ones was "white and nerdy"

I haven't been to a concert since 1984, I started employment under DOT substance testing requirements in 1986 but I'd go to a Weird Al concert. I think he's coming to SA this year.

These are my two favorites of his. "Dare to be Stupid" parody of Devo was great pop social commentary of the times. Favorite line "You can be a coffee achiever, or just sit at home and watch Leave It To Beaver."

And "One More Minute", reflecting memories of a not-so-great relationship. Favorite line "I'd rather spend eternity eating shards of briken glass than spend one more minute with you." I knew plenty of guys who liked this song for the same reason.

I finally got to see Weird Al a few years ago. He was amazing! I think he’s doing only original songs on his latest tour. That means he should do both of those songs. “Dare to Be Stupid” is my absolute favorite. He made a great original song with a great message. The lead singer of Devo actually said he was jealous of it.

IMO this was the most avant-garde Devo video, good for late weekend nights when some MTV viewers may have been experiencing some paranoia side effects

Apparently this came out in 1990 but I think it fits. I was 13 at the time and this made an impression on me and my 11 year old brother
grin.gif

Apparently directed by David Fincher!

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back