80 Million US Household - Data Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by doitmyself
Originally Posted by dbias
Probably why i got 20 calls yesterday from Lithuania.

My apologies. I must have given them the wrong phone number and address to visit.
[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/0yDuK21pLDM ....Lithuanian Cheerleaders

07.gif

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Originally Posted by philipp10
Originally Posted by Oldtom
Everyone needs to lock their credit reports. I used to work in credit card banking ( may be a sign of low intelligence ) Every day, I fielded calls from an angry consumer who is being dunned by bill collectors. Here is what happened: Crooks apply for a credit card in the consumers name and an alternate address. The bank does shoddy verification and sends the card to someplace you never lived, or, a previous address you used to live. The crooks max out the card and move on to the next target. Years later, you apply for a loan and discover your credit is trashed and you are considered a deadbeat. After a few years, it is virtually impossible to clear your name, since the debt was sold after 6 months to a shark debt collector, and the records were lost. You will spend hundreds of hours explaining the situation to uncaring, hostile people who think you are trying to avoid paying a legit debt.

I used to be a fraud Investigator, my credit report is locked and there is a permanent fraud warning on my report :)

Build a defense BEFORE you get hit.

what if I NEVER plan to borrow money again......then who cares?

You will still be hounded by bill collectors for debts you never authorized and then you could also face garnishments from your paycheck. The serious debt companies will get court orders and then contact your employer's payroll provider to automatically take money out of your earnings.

You should care more about your data and your privacy.

oh complete baloney. I keep hearing about all the "stolen identity bs....but some how have never met even one person it actually happened to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back