http://www.superiortoolrental.com/product/3-12-impact-wrench/

The world's largest and most powerful square drive impact wrench
Remote control included
Requires max 375 CFM from compressor
3-1/2″ impact sockets available upon request
Made in the USA

And if you need a 130,000 ft-lb torque wrench:
https://hytorc.com/avanti

...The AVANTI Bolting System offers the widest range of torque output with a maximum output of more than 130,000 ft-lbs in the largest model.

The AVANTI features a patented industry-first reaction drive that eliminates the destructive twisting force that occurs in other torque wrenches that have a back-end reaction arm.

With a simple add-on, the AVANTI system is capable of providing a clear angle reading for bolting methods that incorporate turn of the nut.

Don't let the local tire shops see this.
lol.gif

Seriously, how does the first one work without being secured? It looks like a winch motor for lifting.

What does the second one bring to the job? Is it to tighten evenly?

Impressive to be sure. These are shipyard tools....bigger even than for locomotive shops.

Originally Posted by hatt
You guys don't already have one of those?

Rebuilt for $34,000

I got me a 1" drive wrench years ago and probably only use it once a year on Honda crankshaft pulley bolts. Now I think I want a 1 1/2" drive model for no particular reason at all. At 35 pounds it's probably the largest one I could handle, not that my 1 incher is any picnic.

Have used Hytorcs, and in some god-awful spaces at that.

It's a different experience-- you "come up" on the power until the head's ratchet clicks, let off for a second, then go for it again. More elegant than an air impact, to be sure, and able to calibrate pump pressure to torque output for critical jobs, which, well, every thing is by this point.

[Linked Image]

My crew has 3 of these of different sizes. I think the biggest is 4 3/4 or 5". Not sure what the torque output is but it's huge.

Back