8 Most Underrated Personal Defense Handguns

Status
Not open for further replies.
double-1911.png

LOL @ the Judge. They had me thinking until I saw that. If they were going to include that gimmick concept they could have at least used the S&W version that fires .45 ACP as well.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Two shots with one pull of the trigger...would probably be considered a machine gun by the ATF....
grin.gif

I think they get around it because there are 2 triggers. basically two guns side by side.

i would be afraid of the derringers without trigger guards. The Bond Arms derringer looks safer.The North America revolver looks good if it only had a trigger guard. IT looks like a good way to shoot yourself.

Not sure why the Browning Hi-Power would be on that list(?). Kinda corny. Sometimes I think the Judge is overrated. Lugging and sizewise .410's around and a 9mm would have better accuracy and stopping power, especially 17 rounds.

i saw a little px4 storm compact the other day that had all the right contours for comfortable carry. if i ever decide to carry that gun is on my short list.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
i would be afraid of the derringers without trigger guards. The Bond Arms derringer looks safer.The North America revolver looks good if it only had a trigger guard. IT looks like a good way to shoot yourself.

The NAA minis are absolutely safe to carry. Being a single action, you have to cock the hammer before you can fire. While in carry mode the hammer rests in a notch on the cylinder between the rounds, so a bump won't set off the rf round. I've carried a NAA Black Widow for the last four years or more. Everyone should have one for a bug or summer carry.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Not sure why the Browning Hi-Power would be on that list(?). Kinda corny. Sometimes I think the Judge is overrated. Lugging and sizewise .410's around and a 9mm would have better accuracy and stopping power, especially 17 rounds.

Agree with Pablo. The Judge IS over rated and the Browning Hi-Power is a good gun, but has anyone ever used one for EDC?? I really like the LC-9, SR9C, SR40C all from our friends at Ruger. There are a lot of very good guns out there suitable for concealed carry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: matt711
Springfield EMP in 9mm or .40 cal. My daily carry gun for 3 years now. Absolutely love it.

Those are pretty sweet little set-ups...

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
i saw a little px4 storm compact the other day that had all the right contours for comfortable carry. if i ever decide to carry that gun is on my short list.

I own one of these in 9mm. It's my favorite CC gun by far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back