8 more quarts of Green to add to my stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
That brings the total to 30 green, 4 gold in the span of 3 days. Good thing my wife is out of the country for the next week!

The latest(and probably last for a long time) netted 8 qts mostly M04236 except for a M03042 and I even scored a M02338
fruit.gif
Why I think that is cool I don't know
dunno.gif

Anyways, enough green and gold for 8 oil changes.

I say again..I sure hope to heck that my Matrix digs this stuff or I'm gonna be green and I'm not talking about the GC
freak2.gif
But based on some of the comments on my engine from some of you I should be a-ok
grin.gif

And for those in the Atlanta area, I just happened to be in the AZ store just south of the intersection of S.Cobb Pkwy and Windy Hill Rd (Smyrna). They had a bunch of green (stopped counting at eight). It was all I could do to resist, but I did. Hard to justify, especially to the wife, when I've already got so much on hand.

It's still there. . . On your marks, get set, GO!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ucandoit:
That brings the total to 30 green, 4 gold in the span of 3 days. Good thing my wife is out of the country for the next week!

Better hide all that nice new stash of GC before she arrives or your gonna get a good 'ol..
twak.gif

grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:

quote:

Better hide all that nice new stash of GC before she arrives or your gonna get a good 'ol..
twak.gif

grin.gif

Heh...aint that the truth! Actually she sort of thought it was cute when I told here I was trying to secure this green juice...she thought it was cute when she saw 5 bottles of green and 4 of gold. She ain't gonna think it is cute when she sees 34 bottles of GC in the basement
gr_eek2.gif

I suppose I could just say "I don't know what happened honey...maybe I bought a boy GC and a girl GC and whamo...they multiplied overnight!"
confused.gif

On second thought I just better hide it

Ekpolk...you must be at Dobbins right now or NAS Atlanta? I've been there numerous times and know that area pretty well

QUOTE]She ain't gonna think it is cute when she sees 34 bottles of GC in the basement
gr_eek2.gif
[/QUOTE]

I made a trip to Springfield today (I'm in Decatur IL) and scored 36 qts. of GC total from all of the four Autozones over there.

Anyway I was wondering if it's o.k. to store my GC in the garage over winter or should I put it in the basement?

quote:

{SNIP}
Ekpolk...you must be at Dobbins right now or NAS Atlanta? I've been there numerous times and know that area pretty well

Very close. I'm with the Marine Forces Reserve HQ staff, permanently stationed in New Orleans. Until things settle down in NOLA, we've taken up residence in the Navy/Marine Corps Reserve Center, which is practically attached to Dobbins ARB/NAS ATL; all that's between us and them is Hwy 280 and two fences. Nice area here, other than the family separation, it's a pretty good place to be.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
{snip}Anyway I was wondering if it's o.k. to store my GC in the garage over winter or should I put it in the basement?

Don't worry, it's oil, not milk or wine. Make sure the caps are tight (GC caps tend to come a tad loose) and put it anywhere you like, within reason (I mean don't put it in a chest and sink it in the pond out back for "safe" keeping). I do recommend stacking so as to make the stash look as small as possible -- it will inflame the wife less that way.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
{snip}Anyway I was wondering if it's o.k. to store my GC in the garage over winter or should I put it in the basement?

Don't worry, it's oil, not milk or wine. Make sure the caps are tight (GC caps tend to come a tad loose) and put it anywhere you like, within reason (I mean don't put it in a chest and sink it in the pond out back for "safe" keeping). I do recommend stacking so as to make the stash look as small as possible -- it will inflame the wife less that way.

LOL, I figured as much. I can't believe I asked that!

quote:

quote:

{SNIP}

Very close. I'm with the Marine Forces Reserve HQ staff, permanently stationed in New Orleans. Until things settle down in NOLA, we've taken up residence in the Navy/Marine Corps Reserve Center, which is practically attached to Dobbins ARB/NAS ATL; all that's between us and them is Hwy 280 and two fences. Nice area here, other than the family separation, it's a pretty good place to be.
cheers.gif

Yup, I know exactly where you are. It used to be a lot nicer area...it has gotten a lot more congested I'd say over the past 8-10 years and the crime rate has gone up quite a bit. The security guards at Walmart never had to be armed like they are now
shocked.gif
(I'm pretty sure I saw a Glock or something else on one's hip my last class down there)

How did you guys get the Active Duty Avatars? Is there one for reserves? I'm a MSGT assigned to the 85th APS based at Hanscom AFB in MA. In fact I'll be heading to Dobbins for a weekend in January.

Anyhow I'd like to see if there is a av for the Reserve. Heck we are just about active now anyways. Noticed in your profile that you are an O-6. I salute you sir!
patriot.gif

quote:

And for those in the Atlanta area, I just happened to be in the AZ store just south of the intersection of S.Cobb Pkwy and Windy Hill Rd (Smyrna). They had a bunch of green (stopped counting at eight). It was all I could do to resist, but I did. Hard to justify, especially to the wife, when I've already got so much on hand.

wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

Thanks for the heads up. What vintage of the green elixir?

ekpolk,

offtopic.gif

If you need any equipment to change oil while in the ATL area, rhino ramps or my Pella Marine oil extractor, let me know. I live about 7 miles from Dobbins/NAS Atlanta.

Thanks John, I appreciate that. Our plan seems to change about every three hours regarding how long we're going to be here. If we end up here for a while, I'll shoot you a PM.

The green I saw was in the M0428 batch. I recognize it because I have a fair amount of it in my collection. It is newer GC, but the bottles were dusty, so I'm guessing no green freaks have been around that store for a while. If you go hunting, be aware that I moved a couple down lower as I was examining stock, got distracted, and did not think to put them back (until after I left), so if you do go, look for strays too. . .
cheers.gif

ek,

That store is in a strange area. The area was on the decline for many years but to the south on South Cobb Drive (GA 280), there has been a renewal in Smyrna and parts of outer Vinings or Smynings as it is called.

I will check it out in the next few days since I only have 30 quarts of the green. I should be sending a sample to Blackstone and Terry soon.

It's a scary thing, but I've become familiar with the various different forms that AZ stores take. Stand-alone, left entry, Stand-alone, right, smaller ones, and the "Strip Mall" version. If you've seen it, this store is an oldish looking Strip Mall variant, with an unusual (for AZ) layout. I suspect it sees less travel than most, hence the dusty-but-newer GC. How often do you see that any more?

Don't wait too long, now -- I can almost smell the fresh GC just sitting over there waiting to be harvested. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist the urge.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

And for those in the Atlanta area, I just happened to be in the AZ store just south of the intersection of S.Cobb Pkwy and Windy Hill Rd Smyrna. They had a bunch of green (stopped counting at eight). It was all I could do to resist, but I did. Hard to justify, especially to the wife, when I've already got so much on hand.

wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

I procured 19 quarts of the Green Elixir from the above mentioned location. Some were M03 vintage with the M04. I did leave one M0507 bottle. This bring me up to 45 quarts.

Thanks for the heads up.

quote:

Originally posted by burntkat:
it's green oil-- what's the big deal? Not like you can see it in the engine....

I due believe its whats in the oil that makes it great. the green color is just that green nothing more. we dont buy it because its green.

quote:

Originally posted by burntkat:
and what's in the oil, is.....?

A formulation of some GroupIV and some very specialized Gr V oils that need only minimal add packs and likely zero VII's. That last one is a guess, but check out the study /testing for the first part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back