7900 HP with 500 CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/4 mile or 5 seconds, whichever occurs first.

Those guys are amazing - they can do a complete teardown and rebuild in less time than it takes me to change oil. It's awesome to watch them do a "thrash" in the pits. They just flat Git-R-Done with no confusion, no problems. They don't even run into each other with 6 guys working on the same engine...

bowdown.gif

Top feul engines are neat, I like boat drags but they are the same engines . Top feul is like something from outer space when compared to all others. A crew served weapon?

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Wohoa, got a barage of pop up ads that overwhelmed my pop up blocker and about 30 tracking cookies. No spyware though.

Using FireFox with the Adblock extension, https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=10&application=firefox,
Not a single pop up...

Amazing to see how fast these cars go in only 4 seconds. 333+MPH on the ground is simply too fast for human comprehension for most of us. What a rush that must be to drive one of those top-fuel monsters!

Hve you all ever gone to an NHRA Winston event? You don't even really hear a top fuel car, you feel it. It literally vibrates you and the Earth around you. It's funny during night runs of you're at the far end of the track; you see the hit of the throttle with the fire etc. and a split second later the noise/vibration just shocks you.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Hve you all ever gone to an NHRA Winston event? You don't even really hear a top fuel car, you feel it. It literally vibrates you and the Earth around you. It's funny during night runs of you're at the far end of the track; you see the hit of the throttle with the fire etc. and a split second later the noise/vibration just shocks you.

Yep, I went to the IHRA World Nationals couple years ago over in Norwalk. The top fuelers you have to hold your ears. Even with your ears hold, you can't beat the sound of them. Just raw, shear, mass power. Gotta love it to when they burnout before there run
cool.gif
AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back