787 ups and downs...

It will depend on the airline of course. The 787 started out with 3-3-3 seating but I believe some airlines tried or went with 3-4-3. That would be tight and I suspect more suited for shorter flights. The 777 generally has 3-4-3 seating though United had the five seat middle setup. I’ve been on those and it’s not a good arrangement especially if you have the aisle seat and someone tries to get into the overhead bin above you.

The new 777-X aircraft look interesting but when they will be operating is another question.
All I can say is my plan, after retirement, is to never set foot on a passenger aircraft. It has never been worse to fly than it is right now.

Huge line to get through security today at Sea. Yesterday I heard the lines were so bad TSA routed people into the parking garage and some missed their flights. My flight today now delayed three hours, and four gate changes. Nuts.

All I can say is my plan, after retirement, is to never set foot on a passenger aircraft. It has never been worse to fly than it is right now.

Huge line to get through security today at Sea. Yesterday I heard the lines were so bad TSA routed people into the parking garage and some missed their flights. My flight today now delayed three hours, and four gate changes. Nuts.

I read about that. Security has always been a bottleneck at SEA but this is bad.

I found a news video about the lines for security. This is Seattle, not NYC or LAX. In addition it seems nobody wants to accept the blame. Typical.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Back