Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using Union76 oils? I have heard from a few car buffs where I live that their Super Synthetic is the cats pajamas! I cant find it anywhere by me in Joliet IL. I've only recently started to see Trop Artic and Kendall GT-1 brands.

We use it in our fleet vehicles at work. We use the 76 Super Synthetic Blend 5w-30 and 10w-30. It seems to work great. Many of our fleet vehicles have logged well over 150k miles without issues related to the oil.

76, Kendall, Conoco, Phillips 66, Motorcraft
5W-20 and 5W-30 all start as Semi-Syn
10W-30 either Semi or Conv

Syns are available too.

All those brands are basically the SAME stuff. OK some minor variances have shown up but same stuff.

All good oil

Last edited:
According to the lubricants section of the ConocoPhillips website, oils marketed under the brands Conoco, Phillips 66, 76, and Kendall have identical specs (for the same grade and type of oil). Not all types/grades are available in all brands, but most of them are.

Just purchased a five gallon bucket 10W 30 76 Synthetic Blend from a local oil distributor for $43.00, looked like a great price for a great oil, no issues with the Mobil Clean 5000 but I am moving up from Gallon Jugs from Walmart. (meets Ford, GM and Chrysler Specs)

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Just in case you wonder where the name comes from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unocal_Corporation
It is now nothing more than a name.

ConocoPhillips bought more than the name, they own most of the original Unocal Refining and Marketing operations.

From Wikipedia:

"In 1997, Unocal sold its western United States refining and marketing operations to Tosco Corporation, including the rights to the Union 76 brand for refining and marketing (except in states where Uno-Ven operated). Tosco was later acquired by Phillips Petroleum who later merged with Conoco to form ConocoPhillips."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back