76 synthetic blend oil ( GF-5/ SN )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I bet these will also be the specs for Motorcraft.

It's interesting that they have a 0W-20 in this line, instead of reserving that grade for the top-shelf line.

Also, I like how they say that the oil meets "GM6094M (obsolete)." I guess that's some sort of statement about Dexos1.

Guess 76 synthetic blend is a CP product that does not meet the GM dexos1 spec.

Quote:
"ConocoPhillips Lubricants will offer a product that meets, in every respect, the technical specifications for dexos1, but we will not use the dexos1 name in our marketing. For your customers that desire a product meeting the dexos1 product specifications for their GM vehicle, beginning November 1, ConocoPhillips Lubricants will offer Kendall GT-1® 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil with Liquid Titanium®. This passenger car motor oil has in fact been formulated to more than meet the requirements of dexos1 and the API/ILSAC GF-5 standards, and offers unique performance benefits due to our exclusive Liquid Titanium additive. You will be hearing more on this shortly." Cited - ConocoPhillips Says "No" to dexos1™

By the way, Afton Chemical's Liquid Titanium is a lower cost product to do what moly does...combine with ZDDP to make a wear resistant low friction film on wear points. Afton Chemical is one of the major additive suppliers to oil blenders. Their patent application spells out what the're doing with the Liquid Titanium. ZDDP puts a wear resistant high friction coating (tribofilm) on wear points. ZDDP plus moly or plus Liquid titanium makes a wear resistant low friction tribofilm.

So Ken2 , it sounds like the same liquid Titanium used in the current Kendal Syn Blend ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
So Ken2 , it sounds like the same liquid Titanium used in the current Kendal Syn Blend ?

It is. CP originally went to the Ti additive to reduce catalytic poisoning. How synergistic Ti/ZDDP relative to Mo/ZDDP in terms of AW properties would be interesting.
Other blenders have gone to the following in their formulation to meet GF-5 (Notice Ford's involvement in this research),

Low VolatilityZDDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back