75 cent spring holding up brake job

For the parking brake strut crossbar thingy in my 95 Skylark. I would reuse it but it's broken. They don't include it in the regular brake hardware kit I bought. It's discontinued from GM. None of the chain stores, Advance, AZ, NAPA even carry it despite the fact that it's used on hundreds of GM models from the 80's to after 2000. I can order from Rock Auto but the shipping would be more than the part. I can order from Amazon for free shipping but I'd have to add more stuff to bring the order to $25 and it wouldn't arrive until Friday. Why is this so complicated? Luckily one of my indy parts stores can order it to come in Tuesday so even at $2 I cant complain too much.

613V7XINy3L._AC_SX466_.jpg

I can order from Amazon for free shipping but I'd have to add more stuff to bring the order to $25 and it wouldn't arrive until Friday.

Do you qualify for a month of free prime? If not, I've never had a problem finding $25 worth of stuff on Amazon, but I can understand not wanting a long wait when a vehicle is torn apart.

This is a case where if I need it now and don't have it, I just pay the ransom money and get it where-ever available at what ever price. Even if I heed to grovel at a local brake shop or mechanic shop. I've paid $10 for stuff like that before. Thought me to inventory everything before starting a job that must finish for me to have a drivable car.

Yea, spend $10 in gas and 2 hours time pulling parts in freezing weather that are probably broken too. Why didn't I think of that.
just saying what i would be willing to do and i get an answer like this...

Last edited:
None of the chain stores, Advance, AZ, NAPA even carry it despite the fact that it's used on hundreds of GM models
Stores stock what there's demand for. Just because it may be used on "hundreds" of models, it would appear that they don't break or get lost very often, hence the low demand. It's discontinued by GM too 'cause it's not worth their trouble (low to no demand, available from aftermarket, too low of cost for their effort).

Stores stock what there's demand for. Just because it may be used on "hundreds" of models, it would appear that they don't break or get lost very often, hence the low demand. It's discontinued by GM too 'cause it's not worth their trouble (low to no demand, available from aftermarket, too low of cost for their effort).
Well, they still sell the hardware kit which included a bunch of springs that don't get used on this car. How hard would it be to include a pair of these springs?

Back