75,00 = seventy-five hundred --- according to a favorite YouTuber

I'm not sure why YouTube keeps recommending videos from this guy, or why I can't help clicking on them to see what silliness is being spouted about oil filters. I kind of feel bad for making fun of the guy, but his whole shtick is doing click-bait videos with lots of poor info. Fair game, IMO. And, yes, I am really this bored right now. 🗣️🙉

Here's a gem of a moment. Seventy-five hundred? Well, that's just like seventy-five thousand with a zero removed, eh? LOL

Screenshot_2021-03-31 I can't believe what was inside this Supertech cartridge oil filter .png

Synthetic
Blend

Blend
Synthetic

Maybe not a native English speaker/writer? I've seen these things transposed that way when someone from a different culture uses English.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean, it might be your age, to not realize this is a normal thing to do for a very long time. It is extremely common in some areas to say "seventy five hundred" instead of "seven thousand, five hundred". It rolls off the tongue faster due to fewer words and no (comma) pause.

If you don't want his videos recommended, click the 3 vertical dots next to the video title then "Not interested" or "Don't recommend channel".

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean, it might be your age, to not realize this is a normal thing to do for a very long time. It is extremely common in some areas to say "seventy five hundred" instead of "seven thousand, five hundred". It rolls off the tongue faster due to fewer words and no (comma) pause.

If you don't want his videos recommended, click the 3 vertical dots next to the video title then "Not interested" or "Don't recommend channel".
We all speak that way, but don't write it out as 75,00
LOL

True, though possibly he's from a different country where they do that? Why did we not get a link to the video to hear his accent?

Back