7061 Cartridge Filter

I just inherited a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. While attempting to change the oil today, I was quite surprised it did not use a spin-on filter like our other Hyundais.

It uses a cartridge filter--a 7061. I ended up getting a Napa Gold, about $16 with tax at Napa. Is this a good choice? Are they easily obtainable in bulk elsewhere? Stinks not being able to use my stash of $6 spin-on filters!

Ryan

What engine is in it? Did you look at WM SuperTech? I am using cartridge filters that are priced super reasonable.

I just inherited a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. While attempting to change the oil today, I was quite surprised it did not use a spin-on filter like our other Hyundais.

It uses a cartridge filter--a 7061. I ended up getting a Napa Gold, about $16 with tax at Napa. Is this a good choice? Are they easily obtainable in bulk elsewhere? Stinks not being able to use my stash of $6 spin-on filters!

Ryan
We used to use champ filter #P-989 filters for 5k without issues. Rock Auto should still have some or good filters. Worth checking out. Have a great day sir 👍🍻

Apparently for 2009 you need to check your build date, the ones built before 8/7/2008 use a 5.1in tall cartridge (fram ch9999 equivalent) and the ones after use a 4.1in tall cartridge (fram ch10515 equivalent)

We used to use champ filter #P-989 filters for 5k without issues. Rock Auto should still have some or good filters. Worth checking out. Have a great day sir 👍🍻
I looked up on Fram's application list, it looks like the P989/CH10855 was first used on the 3.5L V6 for the 2010 model year and wasn't used for the 3.3L until 2013.

Back