700HP NORDIC Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Just bought a 25ft Nordic Rage with a fully built 454, has lightning headers and a ProCharger,(intercooled of course) and I wanted to get some real world advice on two oils I'm considering. This boat has a top speed of 85 MPH via GPS as it sits with a custom labbed 4 blade and built max machine works Bravo I.

The two oils I'm considering are the Redline 10w-40 & NEO 15w-50. NEO makes one of the best drive oils money can buy(actually its called Bravo Shop gear oil, but is a joint venture between them and NEO.) I've used Redline in all of my automotive applications including those equipped with ProChargers and had great success. Anyone here used Redline in a marine application? Thx

I run an 850+ hp SC Chevy Stroker (572)in my go-fast hull for many years on Amsoil Dominator.

My favorite oil for big money motors.

Thanks for sharing, but I'm not too much of an Amsoil fan. Just need help deciding between Redline and NEO. Sounds like a fun boat you have there!

Oh it is a fun thing for sure, always gets a lot of attention just idling around the Marina! I don't even know how fast it goes, just think really scary fast...

Sorry my opinion isn't much help. I have never used a drop of redline products for anything.

I used to buy Amsoil exclusively, still have my Dealer #. We now buy whatever syn is on sale for our fleet and cars. Still use a ton of their other fluids and greases. I have personally run many engines out to ridiculous mileage in heavy duty fleet trucks on it so I can vouch for the quality.

Don't let their wacko dealer network obscure a great product. Dominator is big in off road racing and is a superb formula. I'm sure redline is both more money and perhaps even a bit better, but unless you're thinking extended change intervals I can't see spending the dough.

Bottom line is it's your baby and you need to do whatever it takes to get that girl in the water and GET ON IT!

I am seeing a lot of engine builders recommend Torco, FWIW. A guy on the camaro5 site said that after tearing down his drag racing motors he saw the lowest wear. That's why I am back on this site researching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back