7 Years & 40k Service/OCI

I am surprised the motor even runs with so many miles without maintenance.

ft.jpg

I'm also skeptical. How much oil was in the crankcase? Maybe the wife got the oil changed since the hubby looks like a handyman of the year.
Oils in Europe are better, but the engines over there still burn oil. At the very least I think it was regularly topped off.

I'm also skeptical. How much oil was in the crankcase? Maybe the wife got the oil changed since the hubby looks like a handyman of the year.
Oils in Europe are better, but the engines over there still burn oil. At the very least I think it was regularly topped off.

You're very negative on my threads Kris. Like telling me on my Duster thread that cleaning the engine bay regularly is going to cause the world to end. What's the matter? Anything you want to talk about?

Funny enough, I looked over the car last week breifly. The tyres were dangerously low on pressure, I think the front N/S was down to 8psi.

This car hasn't been touched for another 2 and a half years. Not quite sure how many miles it's done since. I can confirm the crank seal leak has reduced down to nothing. Not sure if this is due to the thicker oil I chose or due to the liquimoly oil saver. Both of them have confirmed that the bonnet has not been opened other than for the yearly roadworthiness test we have over here (MOT) and when I checked the dipstick last week it was dry. I topped it off with another 2 litres of oil (we were around my parents house and the only thing around there was Castrol Edge 5w30 LL) which brought it back to the max mark.

This car is unfortunately doomed. It's not looked after at all and they have no interest in looking after it. I almost feel like they need a big-bill failure to scare them into being more proactive with maintenance.

They keep going on about getting a Jaguar next but I keep telling them a Jag will not deal with the level of abuse this thing has received.

You're very negative on my threads Kris.
Thats because negative attracts positive 😉

Like telling me on my Duster thread that cleaning the engine bay regularly is going to cause the world to end.
Oh yes, I’m sure that’s exactly what I had said, the world is going to end 🤣

Back