7-Eleven Dropping Citgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associated Press is reporting that 7-Eleven is dropping Citgo as its gasoline brand. The contract is up, and 7-Eleven has decided not to renew... admitting that Hugo Chavez is a big factor.

Full story

Just reporting... not being political.

Quote:

Not being political but we really, in a friendly way, need to show Hugo Chavez that he stepped on his schlong.

Way to go 7-11.

He can't step on what he doesn't have. He does however have a big, cheesy foot squarely in his mouth.

Last edited:
MarkC - regarding your comment about heating oil - CNN had an article about that and after his speech he made a statement that he would attempt to double the support or donation of heating oil to needy Americans. I for one never will go to Citgo
smile.gif

I think Pennzoil dropped Pennsylvania crude for Venezuela heavy road tar wax crude. All they do to it is pump it out of the ground and pour it into their yellow bottles and sell it for $3.00/qt!

Quote:

I think Pennzoil dropped Pennsylvania crude for Venezuela heavy road tar wax crude. All they do to it is pump it out of the ground and pour it into their yellow bottles and sell it for $3.00/qt!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

7-11 proably got a better deal than Citgo. Now they will milk the fact of dropping the evil Venezuelans as much as they can. Hopefully it will increase their revenues.

Just for 7-Eleven doing that I'll stop by and buy a few things now and then. Hats off to them.

As for Citgo gas - a lot of people have had problems with their gas quality. I've heard people talk about it out here in California and especially out in the midwest (Iowa, Wisconsin, etc...). I like to talk to station owners on my long drives
smile.gif

civicfan is probably much closer to the truth, the fact that chavez says what he does is just a bonus for them.... you think they wouldn't stick with citgo is it was significantly cheaper for them to do so? don't think a corporation is going to PAY more for some kind of principle - thats not how money is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back