7-drawer tool chest/cart $300 shipped

D60

Stumbled upon this K Tool International (KTI) cart at Tooltopia today. It would appear to be $300 and free shipping. Claims ball bearing slides. Seems like a great deal in today's economy?

I guess ya kinda need to be a Ford guy.

Someone please buy these out so I'm not tempted! I took a tape measure and literally can't find a practical place to cram one in my shop.

Tooltopia:

$600 at Amazon, reviews seem good if you read them

$383 at Tool Outfitters (I'm guessing this does not include shipping but their cart did not readily provide a shipping estimate based solely on zip)

There also some 3rd party sellers on walmart.com of course, etc. And ebay.

D60

The Walmart is a different and significantly larger unit.
I found it this morning for ~$442 from third party seller Unbeatable Sale thru walmart.com. I do not know if that included shipping

An hour later I wasn't readily finding that. The same unit is now/still at walmart.com for $600 but again thru American Mechanic - same as Amazon

D60

If you read the only review it appears to have been on sale last year in November for 199.99.
I noticed that as well. Given diesel prices, cost of labor and materials it seems unlikely we'll see that again. How you could ship a chest like this for $199 all-inclusive today and make any money is beyond me.

LDB

Ok, I made an error earlier. It is the link to Amazon for $600 that is a different and larger unit, 18x34x38 where the Tooltopia unit is only 18x26x32.

D60

Ok, I made an error earlier. It is the link to Amazon for $600 that is a different and larger unit, 18x34x38 where the Tooltopia unit is only 18x26x32.
Discrepancies in height appear to come from OAH (incl casters) vs cabinet sheetmetal only. Likewise the illustration on Amazon (albeit arguably vague and generic) might suggest OAW is cabinet-only vs handle and rack.

Both Amazon and WM are sold thru American Mechanic at identical pricing, so if one assumes one of those is equivalent, they likely both are. If X=Y and Y=Z then X must equal Z

I find it unlikely KTI produced two different sizes of these novelty Ford-logo'd carts, but I can't prove they didn't without part numbers and the Amazon listing seems to lack a KTI part #

Discrepancies in height appear to come from OAH (incl casters) vs cabinet sheetmetal only. Likewise the illustration on Amazon (albeit arguably vague and generic) might suggest OAW is cabinet-only vs handle and rack.

Both Amazon and WM are sold thru American Mechanic at identical pricing, so if one assumes one of those is equivalent, they likely both are. If X=Y and Y=Z then X must equal Z

I find it unlikely KTI produced two different sizes of these novelty Ford-logo'd carts, but I can't prove they didn't without part numbers and the Amazon listing seems to lack a KTI part #
The Amazon link is not the same cabinet. It's 34.5" wide, the $300 one is 26". Also shelf is on the opposite side, Ford log in a different location, different wheels... Not apples to apples on the comparison.

Reactions: D60

LDB

No, they are different units. The Amazon photo clearly shows 2 deep and 5 shallow drawers. The other two photos show the same unit with 1 deep, 4 intermediate and 2 shallow drawers. Your links are to two distinctly different units. The Amazon unit, more expensive, is a larger unit than the other two identical units. X=Y and Y=X and Z is its own unique self.

Stumbled upon this K Tool International (KTI) cart at Tooltopia today. It would appear to be $300 and free shipping. Claims ball bearing slides. Seems like a great deal in today's economy?

I guess ya kinda need to be a Ford guy.

Someone please buy these out so I'm not tempted! I took a tape measure and literally can't find a practical place to cram one in my shop.

Tooltopia:

$600 at Amazon, reviews seem good if you read them

$383 at Tool Outfitters (I'm guessing this does not include shipping but their cart did not readily provide a shipping estimate based solely on zip)

There also some 3rd party sellers on walmart.com of course, etc. And ebay.
That cart is only 1 mm thick- not even 18 guage. In my opinion, its more chinese junk.

Reactions: D60

D60

No, they are different units. The Amazon photo clearly shows 2 deep and 5 shallow drawers. The other two photos show the same unit with 1 deep, 4 intermediate and 2 shallow drawers. Your links are to two distinctly different units. The Amazon unit, more expensive, is a larger unit than the other two identical units. X=Y and Y=X and Z is its own unique self.
I did notice the different drawer layouts in the pics and wasn't sure what to make of that!