"Seven Blunders of the World"

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience

3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle

Those are some seriously wise words, if our modern society paid any attention to them we would all be for the better. Problem is that if you handed this out on a printed sheet of paper, 8 out of 10 people would not understand any of them.

Quote:
Problem is that if you handed this out on a printed sheet of paper, 8 out of 10 people would not understand any of them.

Oh, you're much too critical and pessimistic. It's only 5 out of 10 that wouldn't understand any of them. Another 3 would understand, but wouldn't care.

Who was it that said "assumption is the mother of all [censored] ups" then? Maybe the list is missing a few...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Those are some seriously wise words, if our modern society paid any attention to them we would all be for the better. Problem is that if you handed this out on a printed sheet of paper, 8 out of 10 people would not understand any of them.
Count yourself lucky. You're differently evolved in some related area apparently.

Problem is that if you handed this out on a printed sheet of paper, 8 out of 10 people would not understand any of them.

I don't understand the "worship without sacrifice" one.
54.gif

It's ok, you aren't the only one. You have to contemplate it on the "tree of woe", you see. People come up with really great ideas when they're suffering. When you're older it will all make sense.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

54.gif

What are you envisioning ..animals slaughtered on the alter?

Originally Posted By: MarkC
What it means to me is that words are cheap, actions count.
I'm alright with that.
cheers3.gif
I figure I'll just be quoting myself in 30 years anyway (take that as you will).
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

54.gif

Merkava, it has something to do with putting dents, dings, and scratches (the sacrifice) on the almighty, mirror polished Snap-on tools (the worshiped).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back