7-11 motor oil by Lucas (pics)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Never knew they were an item...
Synthetic was sold out. They also has Pennzoil.
20201025_183325.jpg
20201025_183330.jpg
20201025_183348.jpg
20201025_183336.jpg
20201025_183354.jpg

Some food for thought, the 0W-20 contains some PAO...

Screenshot_20201025-203334_Drive.jpg

Very thin too...
Screenshot_20201025-204301_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Great. I thought it was maybe Warren or someone but that’s cool it’s Lucas I have a lot of 7-11 in my area their taquitos are good lol 😂. I actually didn’t know Lucas made oil. I wonder who makes Speedways oil.

Great. I thought it was maybe Warren or someone but that’s cool it’s Lucas I have a lot of 7-11 in my area their taquitos are good lol 😂. I actually didn’t know Lucas made oil. I wonder who makes Speedways oil.

You are right, Lucas doesn't make oil, it'll be blended by somebody else.

Nice find. News release from a year ago mentions various Lucas products being offered at Florida-only 7-11s and only for a three month period (test?), but specifically does not mention motor oil. Wonder if the offering of a co-branded oil is even newer than this

Not to get off topic, but I lived in Broward Co, FL about 15 years ago, and yes, I knew of only three 7-11's. It's not like Virginia or Texas where there's a 7-11 on every corner

For that matter, there really was no chain/brand name convenience stores with any strong presence. I knew of 3 Cumberland Farms (one actually just over the county line in Palm Beach Co) and only 1 Circle K. It seemed like the dominant form convenience store / quick mart were independently run "Food Stores" (no gas), or smaller, unbranded Shops/Quick Marts at the major brand gas stations. But these weren't like the larger "On the Run", A-Plus, or am/pm-type stores some fuel brands use that would rival a 7-11. They were generally a smaller store in the middle of a row of 3-4 pump islands (1-2 islands on either side for a total or 12 or 16 pumps); the shop was not set back from the islands. Not as large as even the older stand-alone 7-11s, though much bigger than converting an old service bay waiting area into a small shop

It does seem since since they'be built a few more new 7-11s and converted some existing Mobil shops to 7-11 as well, and Circle K and Wawa have moved in

Nice find. News release from a year ago mentions various Lucas products being offered at Florida-only 7-11s and only for a three month period (test?), but specifically does not mention motor oil. Wonder if the offering of a co-branded oil is even newer than this

Not to get off topic, but I lived in Broward Co, FL about 15 years ago, and yes, I knew of only three 7-11's. It's not like Virginia or Texas where there's a 7-11 on every corner

For that matter, there really was no chain/brand name convenience stores with any strong presence. I knew of 3 Cumberland Farms (one actually just over the county line in Palm Beach Co) and only 1 Circle K. It seemed like the dominant form convenience store / quick mart were independently run "Food Stores" (no gas), or smaller, unbranded Shops/Quick Marts at the major brand gas stations. But these weren't like the larger "On the Run", A-Plus, or am/pm-type stores some fuel brands use that would rival a 7-11. They were generally a smaller store in the middle of a row of 3-4 pump islands (1-2 islands on either side for a total or 12 or 16 pumps); the shop was not set back from the islands. Not as large as even the older stand-alone 7-11s, though much bigger than converting an old service bay waiting area into a small shop

It does seem since since they'be built a few more new 7-11s and converted some existing Mobil shops to 7-11 as well, and Circle K and Wawa have moved in
Haha you are so correct I live in Virginia it seems everywhere in the state you go their is a 7-11 nearby

Back