6L80 transmission cooler pressure?

I have a 2013 Tahoe with a 6L80 transmission and would like to know what the fluid pressure is running through the atf cooler. Also, does that pressure change with temperature or engine RPM? Does it stay constant? @clinebarger I need to make a transmission like repair and would like to know this before I proceed. Thank you.

It varies between 20 & 50 PSI, But pressure in the circuit is a byproduct of restriction & the circuit is diagnosed by Volume (gallons per minute).

Many things affect the pressure & volume....ATF temp, Commanded Line Pressure, TCC State(On/Off), Bushing Wear, Pressure Regulator Valve/Bore Wear which is a major issue with 6LXXE & 5LXXE units.

Bushing Wear will effect pressure but not volume for example.

That’s not bad. I was talking to a friend and he said up to 300 psi but that seems like internal line pressure. Not the cooler system.

I use 3/8" Continental TOC hose (Trans Oil Cooler) & Ear Clamps to repair GM trans cooler lines. First I cut off the factory crimp with a cut-off tool. Then inspect that the factory crimp didn't collapse the line, 50/50 deal here.....If it is collapsed you need to cut the hard line back & "Knot" the end with a Double Flaring Tool without doing the final step.

That was about the route I was thinking of taking with this. Thanks for the advice.

The engine oil cooler lines I may just go ahead and replace. It would be impossible to get to the crimped end right next to the oil pan. Also looks to be seeping at the connecting right above the oil filter. YouTube says I’ll have to lower the front diff down some to make clearance to R&I the line set.

Back