6k and i'm holding on

Status
Not open for further replies.
i woke up this morning, not really thinking, started driving to wal-mart to have them change my oil. but i only made it a couple of blocks before i turned back home because i promised myself i would go at least 7.5k on this OCI of 4qt mobil1 10w30 + 1qt of delo 15-40, or when the maitenance light come on in the car, which is every 7.5k. the current oil only has 6k in it, and it still looking good, but the urge to change it is definately there. it feels very itchy because i have never gone intentionally this far between oil changes before. thanks to bobistheoilguy forum, i'm turning away from the dark side. >

I'm still struggling myself and I know the feeling. I'm just having a tough time making it to 5K on M1. Old habits die hard.

Dont feel bad, I felt the same way you did 5 years ago. Now I go to 10,000 miles before I dump the Mobil 1 and filter. Dont waste your money by changing it before 7,500 miles.
patriot.gif

cool.gif
UOA's have a way of curing that. I still go 5k on Mobil 1 but the shakes and general nervousness have subsided and my fingernails have grown back. I got a great UOA on my wife's car with M1 oil/M1 filter at 5k. Same combo at 6k on my mom's car was great too, but her Northstar Caddy burns oil so 2.5 qts were added during the 6k, keeping it fresh.
grin.gif

We're here for ya, man! I've been running 10k mi OCIs with full syn for the past 5 yrs, & now I couldn't be happier about it. It's far easier to remember, I get better protection during the entire interval, & what little extra it costs me in dollars I more than make up for in gained time.

I know I just said this in another thread, but here goes again: I'm giving serious thought to running the new M1 5W-40 for 20k miles in both of my N/A cars, running UOAs & changing the filters at 10k. (Gosh, I guess I'm committing myself to this one, eh?) It's time for me to take "the next step"!

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyO:
cool.gif
UOA's have a way of curing that. I still go 5k on Mobil 1 but the shakes and general nervousness have subsided and my fingernails have grown back. I got a great UOA on my wife's car with M1 oil/M1 filter at 5k. Same combo at 6k on my mom's car was great too, but her Northstar Caddy burns oil so 2.5 qts were added during the 6k, keeping it fresh.
grin.gif

So, exactly what is your OCI then?

CLguy,

Hang in there.... you can do it and so can your engine. I and many others on this list do it all the time. Use top quality oil and filters and as long as your vehicle is in great shape and you have good driving characteristics, you engine will be just fine.

DEWFPO

I'm at 8k on my M1 oil and I'm itching to drain it.

I change the filters every 3k and top off with fresh fluid.

Probably helps out a lot.

I use oversize supertech filters btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back