67 Karmann Ghia + Viper V10 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
+ lots and lots of custom work =

build pics here, link to more at bottom of page

ZzUpzIV.jpg

Beautiful piece-wonder how many nice Vipers he could have bought with the same $$$? Always liked the Karmann Ghia, though, shame they seemed to rust quickly around here, though.

It looks like there's enough power with that V10 engine to leave out the original engine at the other end and still be able to keep up with traffic on the freeway (lol).

I love Karmann Ghias (owned one in high school) and I like Dodge Vipers (haven't gotten around to owning one yet), but am not a fan of the two combined. This appears to be a great piece of engineering, but it is not true to either of the source vehicles.

I like seeing customized VWs with modern tech incorporated into the original designs, but this goes too far. Fully built and turbocharged VW-based flat four crammed into a Bug? Sure thing! Air cooled Porsche flat 6 in a Karman Ghia? In a heartbeat! Thing/181 with a full travel lifted suspension? I could go for that, but even then it is getting kinda iffy. Keeping only the exterior sheet metal of a Karmann Ghia and lowering it over a one-off frame with a huge American V10, modern transmission, and RWD setup? No thanks. That is about as Karmann Ghia as I am a carnival sideshow freak (I have a few tattoos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back