$66 oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked NAPAs price for one of my vehicles and almost fell over. I think I'll stick with ordering from Rockauto.

Screenshot_20190529-110044_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190529-110555_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow that's a lot of money for an oil filter and it's not even for a big truck either!
crazy2.gif

The US price is $35.99 for that same Gold, which is still a lot! A Fram Ultra would be like $100 of they ever made one
lol.gif

But for that car, use Mann or Mahle
smile.gif

Tokyo Roki makes a pink STI spin on filter for Subarus, was maybe $50 a few years ago but the price has been sinking slowly and I think I saw one for $30 recently on eBay.
They are pretty, but not very masculine...

I'd get the Mahle OEM style for this awesome BMW: https://www.amazon.com/MAHLE-Original-353-ECO-Filter/dp/B00AFVT5OQ/ just to make sure you've nailed the quality target.
That one crosses to the Fram CH11007 and Champ Labs P987

It's weird how expensive they are. I've seen this once in a while with other BMW applications. I think a Fram rep on here (motorking) said some royalty fees to the housing manufacturer might be paid (???).

They had a super sale at NAPA in April on oil filters. I bought about 10 for Subaru and 10 for PSD.

The oil filters for the PSD are almost always expensive.

Last edited:
We have several BMWs so I am aware of the need to have a decent filter but [censored] that one was expensive . I have NEVER seen a filter that high priced. Problem is it is a regular filter but it has an extra coarse filter on the ID for bypass. I'll try to take a pic when I get home.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste
Ya get what ya pay for
smirk.gif

NOT always....

My cost on that Napa 7189 oil filter is about $20+ change here in Texas, USA

I saw a seller on Amazon asking $42

NAPA Canada is dumb on oil filter pricing. I bought some a couple years back when I stumbled upon their oil filter special. Then, they were under $5 for my G37. In Canada, you can also check Autopartsway online, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. Acklands is another option if Baldwin is your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back