66% of car thefts in Milwaukee are Hyundai/Kia.

I guess the thieves know how to easily steal them.

I know in Toronto the top three stolen SUVs are Lexus RX, Honda CRV and Toyota SUVs. These guys use the stuff to get the signal from your keys in the house and many of them are caught on Camera. That doesn't stop them.

Yep, Hyundai/Kia knows they have a problem. Which is why now all their vehicles come with a vehicle immobilizer in 2022. I assumed all cars came standard with immobilizers years ago, but I was wrong.

Attachments

• 59A53A0B-7065-46F2-9BA0-A080AF68DF94.jpg
    59A53A0B-7065-46F2-9BA0-A080AF68DF94.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 801FD52F-6643-4559-A122-B58A91CEC694.jpg
    801FD52F-6643-4559-A122-B58A91CEC694.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 49
****, I was just there last month with my Kia Soul. Always wonder whether it's a relative small amount of scofflaws who account for these major blips. A mega-shoplifter was recently arrested in St. Louis when police noticed that he was openly moving his swag on Facebook. "That’s when “Operation No Moore” went into play. Chesterfield Police wrote a search warrant and presented it to Facebook, which provided more than 39,000 pages about nothing other than stealing." This boob had a store in his mother's basement.

I had no idea there were any models made without immobilizers in 2021. That is a significant increase and once word gets out among the youth on how to do it that spreads like wildfire.

Bad taste? I wouldn't wanna see ya in a Kia. Just joking, but these two makes don't top my list of cool cars that anyone would risk prison time stealing.

Bad taste? I wouldn't wanna see ya in a Kia. Just joking, but these two makes don't top my list of cool cars that anyone would risk prison time stealing.
You haven’t seen the new Carnival multi purpose vehicle, clearly the coolest thing ever!

Its not about being seen or driving a stolen vehicle. The majority of stolen cars are stripped down and sold for parts. A vehicle is worth 3 times more in parts than it is complete. That's why car thieves target popular vehicles because they can steal, strip the car, and sell the parts in less than a day.

****, I was just there last month with my Kia Soul. Always wonder whether it's a relative small amount of scofflaws who account for these major blips. A mega-shoplifter was recently arrested in St. Louis when police noticed that he was openly moving his swag on Facebook. "That’s when “Operation No Moore” went into play. Chesterfield Police wrote a search warrant and presented it to Facebook, which provided more than 39,000 pages about nothing other than stealing." This boob had a store in his mother's basement.

Screenshot from 2021-08-23 18:27:37.jpg

Look at all the dollar bills, a real gangster!

Wonder if the 2016 Accent has an immobilizer? Even if not, it still uses a regular chip key (no push button crap) so I doubt it could be stolen very easily.

Wonder if the 2016 Accent has an immobilizer? Even if not, it still uses a regular chip key (no push button crap) so I doubt it could be stolen very easily.
I doubt it does, unless you have the top trim level then maybe. Go to your local Lowe’s/Home Depot and their key cutting machine will tell you instantly if it has an chip transponder key. I guess it’s possible they use transponder keys on all of them, even though the vehicle doesn’t have the immobilizer equipment?

Last edited:
I doubt it does, unless you have the top trim level then maybe. Go to your local Lowe’s/Home Depot and their key cutting machine will tell you instantly if it has an chip transponder key. I guess it’s possible they use transponder keys on all of them, even though the vehicle doesn’t have the immobilizer equipment?
Ha. My Accent is so basic it doesn't even have cruise control or come with floor mats.

Its not about being seen or driving a stolen vehicle. The majority of stolen cars are stripped down and sold for parts. A vehicle is worth 3 times more in parts than it is complete. That's why car thieves target popular vehicles because they can steal, strip the car, and sell the parts in less than a day.
If it is worth 3 times more in parts, couldn’t you just legally purchase the used cars, take them apart, and profit? Seems the stealing creates unnecessary risk at that kind of margin.

If it is worth 3 times more in parts, couldn’t you just legally purchase the used cars, take them apart, and profit? Seems the stealing creates unnecessary risk at that kind of margin.

have you seen used car prices lately? buy one, steal one, fix the one you bought...

Back