66 GTO mfg line...

One of the most beautiful cars ever... Actually they are not all Goats; the purple rag top is a Tempest which was the Pontiac strippie A-Body.
1685762585522.jpg

A customer by me has his ice cream truck in a storage facility down here in the valley (of Cincy), there is a black one sitting outside, either a '66 or '67, appears to be a goat, has the hole in the floor for the 4 speed. No engine/transmission, it is the rustiest one I've ever seen-no windshield, floors gone, firewall even rusting out... But someone loves it enough to keep paying storage, year after year after year!

Last edited:
Back in the early 80s my neighbors were muscle car nuts and they had a black 66 that they were working on bringing back to its original glory, but it was drivable. I wasn’t smart enough to ask for a ride.

A customer by me has his ice cream truck in a storage facility down here in the valley (of Cincy), there is a black one sitting outside, either a '66 or '67, appears to be a goat, has the hole in the floor for the 4 speed. No engine/transmission, it is the rustiest one I've ever seen-no windshield, floors gone, firewall even rusting out... But someone loves it enough to keep paying storage, year after year after year!
The easiest way to tell the difference between a 66 and 67 is, the 67 had a chrome mesh grille vs black plastic, the fender GTO emblem is mid fender on the 66 and low on the 67, the tail lights are split on the 67. There are more, of course. The 67 used the 400 and TH400. Great cars!

The easiest way to tell the difference between a 66 and 67 is, the 67 had a chrome mesh grille vs black plastic, the fender GTO emblem is mid fender on the 66 and low on the 67, the tail lights are split on the 67. There are more, of course. The 67 used the 400 and TH400. Great cars!
After Ronny and the Daytonas, it really has to be ‘66 and earlier, so you can sing, “Three deuces and a four speed, and a 389…”

After Ronny and the Daytonas, it really has to be ‘66 and earlier, so you can sing, “Three deuces and a four speed, and a 389…”
I still like the little old lady from Pasadena...with her red Super Stock Dodge....might have been a 413 or a 426 wedge...cross ram dual quads.

I had a 1965 with the 389ci Tri-Power, 4 speed, convertible during college. It had 3.90 rear gears, manual steering, power brakes and factory spinner hub caps. Exterior was Midnight Blue, light blue top, with a navy blue interior.

I still like the little old lady from Pasadena...with her red Super Stock Dodge....might have been a 413 or a 426 wedge...cross ram dual quads.
Check out Nicks Garage YT he just did a dyno run on a customers Crossram 413 a few weeks ago. You should see the torque numbers on that beast.. Nicks Garage 413 Longram

Last edited:
Reactions: hrv
I had a 1965 with the 389ci Tri-Power, 4 speed, convertible during college. It had 3.90 rear gears, manual steering, power brakes and factory spinner hub caps. Exterior was Midnight Blue, light blue top, with a navy blue interior.
That Midnight Blue was stunning; nearly balck especially at night.

With her four speed stick and four two six. Great now you got that old song running through my head.

Reactions: hrv
My first tuneup on my 67 revealed to me I had to loosen up the AC compressor to get the #2 spark plug in..... Lesson learned...
Even if the engine was out of the car it was a bear to get to.

Back