63 427 Galaxie 500

What a great noise that thing makes. Looks like he needs just a smidge more gear for that track and from the looks of it, some more brakes. Other than that, good job wheeling that big thing around!

That's not a '63. It's a '63 1/2.

The '63 had a square roof-line. The '63 1/2 had the streamlined roof you see in this photo. It's said that mid year change was made to improve stock car aerodynamics.

The '63 1/2 Galaxie 500 is one of my all time favourites.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this guy race the Galaxy at Goodwood. It's pretty neat to see him dicing with other "saloons" although he's nearly twice their size. :)

That's not a '63. It's a '63 1/2.

The '63 had a square roof-line. The '63 1/2 had the streamlined roof you see in this photo. It's said that mid year change was made to improve stock car aerodynamics.

The '63 1/2 Galaxie 500 is one of my all time favourites.
True. That’s a 63 1/2.

When I was younger, I had a 64.
My dad had a 65. (Different body style)

A famous car I used to watch race when I was a lad, was Robbie Francevic's Custaxi - a '59 Ford Customline with a Galaxie 427 engine. We had to make our own race cars back then...you might be able to pick one of these, how about the rest ?

6.jpg

Loved ford galaxies and fairlanes fronm the 60's. Drove a few in the 66 to 68 range, all had basic small block power. Still loved to drive them.

Sweet! I wish I never sold my 64 Fairlane. A two door post model with 302 and 4 speed. Way more fun to drive than my dad's 64 with the 260 and 2 speed automatic.

Back