60k oci...Look what I found

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem...PP will clean 87% of that right off in one OCI.
29.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
No problem...PP will clean 87% of that right off in one OCI.
29.gif

You could always just fill it to the tippity top with kerosene and just let it sit for a few days before draining the tar out. :)

Why pay any attention to the dealer, or what the manufacturer requires?
For the cost of an oil change, we can go out for a pretty decent dinner.
Shame on anyone who would treat any complicated piece of machinery in such a way.
I don't care whether it's a Bey-Em-Vey or some cheap Korean-made piece, anyone should know that they should take reasonble care of it.
There is no pride in neglecting your cars.

The owner it a totally spoiled bag a douche. He seems more interested in what he's going to eat, then his totally sludged engine. He's lucky the thing's still running.

I like when the question was asked why the 60k with no oil change, the guy that did the work said "that's not important now." Guess, it's not important because.....
images

Hes going to put a conventional Castrol GTX 5W-30 Superior Sludge Protection in to do the clean phase.

He just asking for more trouble by putting in an oil that doesn't meet BMW's specs. Neither one of these guys even read the owners manual... sad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMFan
Believe it or not, some people's logic is that such an expensive car shouldn't need routine service. In their minds only cheap 'consumer junk' like a Honda, GM, Toyota or Hyundai needs an oil change. BMWs are superior in their mind and don't require service.

I know, I know. Makes you wonder how people are able to make so much money for a living but be so clueless in common sense. Even more surprising is the mindless sense of pride they have in abusing expensive luxury items
crazy2.gif

Well said. They can afford such an expensive car but skimp on maintenance. Even though all they have to do is drive to the dealership and the dealer will take care of everything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SpitfireS
That home owner probably didn't mention it was appraised at 1.500.000 before the crisis.

But he did mention he paid $375k...

That poor engine.....

i'd put the cheapest oil and run it for 30 min, then drop and throw in another dino w/ a qt of MMO then drop it in 100 miles, repeat for 500 then dino again and ARx

This just makes me sick.

Once upon a time about 20 yrs ago my brother and his wife bought a brand new Volvo wagon. after about 2 years he calls me and tells me he needed a new engine and the dealer wouldn't pay for it. I asked how it siezed up. he said he forgot to change the oil for 2yrs 40,000 miles.

We had a big argument about the cost of oil and him remembering... what about a [censored] Quick lube place?? I was so mad at him. that Volvo engine was built to last 300K + miles what a waste.
I love my brother but, what dumb @$$

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]i'd put the cheapest oil and run it for 30 min, then drop and throw in another dino w/ a qt of MMO then drop it in 100 miles, repeat for 500 then dino again and ARx
Great plan. I'd just star with a cheap 10i30 and run 2 qts of MMO beause this BMW has almost a 7 qt sump. Run it for W000 miles drain.and do the ARX thing

Originally Posted By: oilslick44
BMW advertises free maintenance for 50k miles, I guess this guy didn't qualify.

In his case, the maintenance was free because he didn't do any.

Don't these cars have a readout on the guage panel that tells you to change your oil? My aunt's 04 BMW has one and she brings it to the dealership whenever the "MAINTAINANCE REQ'D" display flashes up.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: oilslick44
BMW advertises free maintenance for 50k miles, I guess this guy didn't qualify.

In his case, the maintenance was free because he didn't do any.

Apparently free maintenance for 50k miles means the car doesn't need ANY maintenance for 50k miles to this tard.

i can just about imagine the service light function in this car.

at first,it just came on.the next 15k,it started flashing slowly.the next 15k,it started flashing rapidly.the next 15k,a tiny german man came out from behind the service light and kept giving him the bird!!

Originally Posted By: Roy Gutfinski
It's a great tribute to BMW engineering for an engine to take that degree of abuse and still be in running condition.

It's nothing that a Chevy I6 (230-292) or a Chrysler Leaning-Tower-of-Power couldn't handle.
34.gif

While I'm not a big fan of German cars, it still hurts me to see ANY car treated like that.
mad.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back