6061 radiator needing custom welder any suggestions

Hello Bitog buddies I am building my son a new motocross bike and with the combination of the Mishimoto oversized radiators and the Yoshimura titanium exhaust I have a fitment issue

I sent one new right hand side radiator to a local shop who was able to take a corner off the tank and re clock one of my fittings to the new correct location but had some trouble sealing all the very small pinholes and while it will " work " it looks horrible on a expensive new build

I have reached out to expert you tubers such as 6061.com and two others but I got told he is not taking new customers or no response

Anyone know a quality top notch Jedi I could to make me another one if I can send them the ugly mock up and one more brand new Mishimoto

Thanks

Hello Bitog buddies I am building my son a new motocross bike and with the combination of the Mishimoto oversized radiators and the Yoshimura titanium exhaust I have a fitment issue

I sent one new right hand side radiator to a local shop who was able to take a corner off the tank and re clock one of my fittings to the new correct location but had some trouble sealing all the very small pinholes and while it will " work " it looks horrible on a expensive new build

I have reached out to expert you tubers such as 6061.com and two others but I got told he is not taking new customers or no response

Anyone know a quality top notch Jedi I could to make me another one if I can send them the ugly mock up and one more brand new Mishimoto

Thanks
Any local race car builders near you? What about a tool and die shop. Most of them have someone that can tig weld.

Just my $0.02

Those are super hard to work with. The difference in thicknesses makes it so. We messed with them at the radiator shop but they always turned out ugly and always leaked on the first attempt.

It definitely takes skill tried 6061.com but he isn't taking new customers.....

The search continues

Is the radiator aluminum?
Yes... it's the right hand tank of a CRF250R dirtbike
20230209_142748.jpg
20230209_142949.jpg

I have one more brand new on the way from Mishimoto to make the final shape out of

The clocking of the boogered up hose fitting was an over correction on my part it needs to be clocked at about rhe 10:00 position

Also the angle of material on the corner of the tank needs to have more of the tank removed the above photos show where the blue dot indicates the contact point ......before this ugly attempt the whole tank was in contact with the pipe and the hose angle originally laid the actual hose directly on the retention spring
20230209_142824.jpg
20230209_142836.jpg

Back