$60 Goodyear Wrangler P235-75-15 at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

I was looking for a set of inexpensive tires to get us through a rough financial patch and had been watching the cheap Walmart-only (or so it seems) "Goodyear Wrangler Radial" tires. Normally they are $70 but when I saw today that they were $60 I decided to give them a try.

So far I am very impressed with this $60 tire:

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Wrangler%20Radial%28P%29&mrktarea=Light%20Truck

They are an obsolete older version of the Wrangler but are in current production just for Walmart. I remember these as I had a 14" set on my old Ranger back in 2000. The tread pattern and sidewall design was exactly the same. That set performed very well overall and lasted a long time.

Unfortunately they are only available now in the P235-75-R15 size which limits applications especially with many SUVs and trucks going to 16" sizes now. They seem to be very quiet, the handling is good and the tread will be plenty deep and aggressive for snow. They are even made in the U.S.A.! The only bad thing is they are listed as having a 300 treadwear rating. Walmart lists them as a 50K tire but we shall see... If they last like the set I had on my Ranger back in 2000 then I expect 30K to be no problem. If you need an inexpensive tire in this size they are definitely worth a look IMHO.

Andrew S.

same deal we get here, just in canadian tire. its a good tire especially for the price.

If my Jeep was at stock ride height, I would have jumped all over them.

Plus, they'll also fit on just about any full size 1/2 ton pickup with 15" wheels from the 80's to late 90's.

My 95 F150 demanded XL/ 41 PSI tires, with a 108 rating. Those goodyears are 105/35 PSI. Truck had a mishmosh set of tires when I got it, one a 102 rating.

Though many trucks take 235/75/15s, worth checking if one needs the extra load rating.

A lot of F-150s used P235/75R15s up to 1996. Almost all Explorers made from 1991-2001 with 15" wheels also use them, as well as all 4WD Rangers with 15" wheels.

I have thought about getting some in that size (I currently have P225/70R15s), but some Ranger owners have complained of cupping with the Wranglers. $240 for a set of four tires in this size is a great deal though.

I bought 4 of these tires around Oct. or Nov. of 2010.They have been extremely good tires.They are on a 2 wheel drive full size pick up that had 4 old tires and 2 bales of straw in the bed for weight during the winter.

We had several snow falls,some around 4-5 inches and the tires did very well.I didnt get stuck once and had very little traction loss and that was just slight.

I didnt get them at WM though,I got them at a local auto repair/tire shop.

They ride very well and so far have been very good in rain,snow and dry weather.

I bought mine (from a Goodyear dealer)... they're good tires but I have cupping on all 4 of them.

So far they have around 14K on them and they've held up pretty well.

Here's one with 50k miles, rotated every 10k miles. Bad picture I know, but the tread is just a hair above the wear bars.

f150011t.jpg

It's a good tire for a 2wd truck that stays on the pavement 100% of the time; especially if you live down south where there is no snow/ice. Only con would be that it does not ride as nice as a bfg a/t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back