6 Best Selling Oils retested at PQIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Voleak
Just curious, the Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30 I use is rated at 4900 Cold Cranking Viscosity, cP. Is that good?

Yep... That's just fine at 4900...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by Voleak
Just curious, the Kendall GT-1 Max 5W30 I use is rated at 4900 Cold Cranking Viscosity, cP. Is that good?

Yep... That's just fine at 4900...

Thank you, sir.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
All good of course. Those that believe total base number is most important, Castrol Edge is your pick!

http://pqiamerica.com/

All these six oils outsell Pennzoil Platinum?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
All good of course. Those that believe total base number is most important, Castrol Edge is your pick!

http://pqiamerica.com/

All these six oils outsell Pennzoil Platinum?

Must be true
It's on the internet now.......³ðŸ¤¨

Surprised to see the Amalie lawsuit … Did not think they made an odd line like that …

Originally Posted by PPWarrior
I don't think M1 AP is not a "best selling" -- they should have tested EP instead!

I'll add to this. Nowhere in the article does it say they are the best selling oils. How did we come to that conclusion?

I contacted PQIA to do a full test on Shell Rotella Gas Truck
months ago... I haven't seen it yet. But they've released some off the wall brands that not even BITOG posters care about.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Why wait on PQIA? I had TestOil do all three RGTs about 5 weeks ago, all posted in the VOA section. You won't get particle counts from PQIA tests.

Yes you did and I appreciated your efforts....the point I was trying to state was that PQIA test oils that nobody really cares about and some of the ones that are hot topics here are relatively old data in some cases or they're never tested

I don't see where it says best selling. I think the OP was incorrectly titled.

PQIA is most likely more concerned with whether or not an oil brand meets API spec or not. The major brands have already shown to be repeatedly compliant with exception to Valvoline NextGen.

I don't think PQIA cares much for the difference in TBN like us Bitogers.

Originally Posted by T4RF
Re-Confirms mobil 1 is the king of the cold cranking test. Also not sure I'd consider this a "best selling oil test" as it included M1 AP!
lol.gif

I'm not sure why the OP titled this thread as "Best Selling" as PQIA makes no such claim and I doubt any of the full syns listed are overall best sellers when there are cheaper conventionals that must sell more...

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
Re-Confirms mobil 1 is the king of the cold cranking test. Also not sure I'd consider this a "best selling oil test" as it included M1 AP!
lol.gif

I'm not sure why the OP titled this thread as "Best Selling" as PQIA makes no such claim and I doubt any of the full syns listed are overall best sellers when there are cheaper conventionals that must sell more...

All of these oils had been tested previously. PQIA picked these 6 to retest. I think they picked these 6 because they are best sellers. So, I say prove these 6 are not best sellers if it's such a big deal to some. Why not concentrate on the results instead of why I titled the thread what I did?

lol.gif

Interestingly enough, M1 5W30 AP is not especially impressive in the CCS test at almost 5200 cP...this handily beats the max spec of 6600, but plain 'ol M1 5W30 is down in the 4000 range.
The Noack loss is quite a bit lower for the AP product, though, the vanilla version has pretty consistently tested at about 10%.

http://www.pqiadata.org/Mobil1_Annual_Protection_5W30.html

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Why wait on PQIA? I had TestOil do all three RGTs about 5 weeks ago, all posted in the VOA section. You won't get particle counts from PQIA tests.

True, but you won't get NOACK from a typical VOA either, and that's an important piece of data that a lot of us want to have and it's included in the PQIA testing.

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
lol.gif

All of these oils had been tested previously. PQIA picked these 6 to retest. I think they picked these 6 because they are best sellers. So, I say prove these 6 are not best sellers if it's such a big deal to some. Why not concentrate on the results instead of why I titled the thread what I did?

Assumptions do not make it so. The fact that Pennzoil or regular M1 are not in this batch makes the assumption they are best sellers suspect. That's all.

The results are what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back