6.4TT Ford 18,000 miles 5000 OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I stopped I smelled coolant, I checked I had none, 5 gallons of water I added just to get home.
Bets on what will FORD tell me?
Javier

So you are actually going to mention the coolant loss to Ford prior to running another, say, 19,000 miles?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

I stopped I smelled coolant, I checked I had none, 5 gallons of water I added just to get home.
Bets on what will FORD tell me?
Javier

So you are actually going to mention the coolant loss to Ford prior to running another, say, 19,000 miles?

nice
28.gif

the radiator blew out the side tank. awesome plastic tank radiator, heavy duty I mean super duty.
I showed those jerks my oil has fuel contamination and coolant in the oil.
same as my other truck, they dont see any problems.
I have to have failure for them to even look at it.
since my other truck is parked at another dealership, I have to use this one till it blows.
then I will be totally screwed.
Javier

Oh yeah, that was the fix for the coolant puke from the tank months ago. now the radiator puke.
For my next trick, engine puke!
Javier

actually the venturi tee fixes the radiator leaking issue, but if the leak was there before the recall is done than it cant magically stop a leak now can it.

Originally Posted By: pzev
I bet this guy is wonderful to deal with at the Ford dealer...

Why? I have a good relation with my Ford service manager, I let him do whatever he feels like doing. We dont argue or raise any voices.
We may disagree with facts but that is normal.
I won a Lemon Law at the same place a few years back.
Same service manager.
Javier

Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
Originally Posted By: talker
Well, dang!
Do you really expect that the SAME oil will last long in a well used DIESEL TRUCK????

No wonder its blown up!

WHAT KIND OF OIL WAS IT????

If I could run oil that long, man would I be happy!

what r u talking about? this truck has 4 oil changes since new, every 5000 miles.
did you guys post on the wrong thread
06.gif

Javier

OH darn, sorry nutsbolts. I ment to post this on the other thread you had that the mods locked. Sorry!!!!
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
To all - let's stick to the specific topic, and leave personality supposition out of it. - MOD

I like how you-MOD ed that........

OK
11.gif

nuts&bolts,

don't waste your time with the dealer service manager.

get in touch with the regional Ford service engineer, they have the final say on all major warranty claims and you have a dandy.

diesel diluted oil, what can one expect when the ECU commands the injection of gallons of raw diesel on the the exhaust stroke to burn soot off the DPF. runs right past the rings and into the crankcase, not a Ford better idea. bearings, wear surfaces and diesel are not a happy mix.

you probably have a cracked DPF, common in the 6.4TT. causes extra burnoffs, extra oil dilution and short engine life.

i can still smeel
57.gif
thumbsup2.gif
the takeoff of a Phantom F4E to this day on full afterburner turbine runup on brakes maxpower takeoff.

strap enough large engines, dump enough fuel out the back end and you can make a lead brick fly.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back