6.4TT Ford 18,000 miles 5000 OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is another truck I have in service and I just recieved the UOA results, this engine has had 3 oil changes using mineral oil.
This UOA is using LUBRIGAURD CJ-4 with 5000 miles
Aluminum 25
Chromium 2
nickel 0
Iron 38
Copper 2
Lead 2
Tin 0
Moly 38
Potassium 24 FLAGGED
Silicon 7
Sodium 4
Calcium 1090
Magnesium 742
Phosphorus 1003
boron 1
Zinc 1142
cST Viscosity @100 10.8
TBN 5.15
OXIDATION 9
NITRATION 12
fuel 6.7%
soot 0.2%
Quote:

Check for source of FUEL LEAK (injectors, lines etc:). Fuel is at a SIGNIFICANT LEVEL; Lubricant and filter change is suggested if not done at sampling time; Aluminum is at a MODERATE LEVEL; Possible piston metal; FUEL DILUTION has caused viscosity to decrease moderately; Potassium is at a MINOR LEVEL; Potassium sources: coolant (antifreeze), lube additive or supplement, coating on new bearings, rust preventive coating, or environmental; Please provide missing lube type (PRODUCT NAME); Please provide unit model number so we may compare data to the proper standards for this unit;

The Ford dealer here wont fix nothing this UOA paper they will use to go to the restroom with.
I need this truck but it looks like I will lose this one too!
I am going to drive it till it breaks!
Javier

No I have the invoices for 3 oil changes, last one I just purchsed yesterday from the dealer $85 oil/filter.
this oil needs to be changed asap before I take it in.
Javier

you know the screwed up thing is I had a 2006 6.0 that had a bad turbo from day one. it lasted 50,000 miles and on the way to the dealer the turbo siezed up.
I begged and begged the dealer to replace the turbo they just wasted my time, took the truck in 6 times, one time 18 days without my truck, NOTHING DONE.
The last day I had that truck was the day the turbo siezed.
that day they gave the pos I have now with a slew of other problems.
My old 6.0 was a much better truck for me I miss it now!
Javier

Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
you know the screwed up thing is I had a 2006 6.0 that had a bad turbo from day one. it lasted 50,000 miles and on the way to the dealer the turbo siezed up.
I begged and begged the dealer to replace the turbo they just wasted my time, took the truck in 6 times, one time 18 days without my truck, NOTHING DONE.
The last day I had that truck was the day the turbo siezed.
that day they gave the pos I have now with a slew of other problems.
My old 6.0 was a much better truck for me I miss it now!
Javier

Find another dealer with a better service department!

Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
here is another truck I have in service and I just recieved the UOA results, this engine has had 3 oil changes using mineral oil.
This UOA is using LUBRIGAURD CJ-4 with 5000 miles
Aluminum 25
Chromium 2
nickel 0
Iron 38
Copper 2
Lead 2
Tin 0
Moly 38
Potassium 24 FLAGGED
Silicon 7
Sodium 4
Calcium 1090
Magnesium 742
Phosphorus 1003
boron 1
Zinc 1142
cST Viscosity @100 10.8
TBN 5.15
OXIDATION 9
NITRATION 12
fuel 6.7%
soot 0.2%
Quote:

Check for source of FUEL LEAK (injectors, lines etc:). Fuel is at a SIGNIFICANT LEVEL; Lubricant and filter change is suggested if not done at sampling time; Aluminum is at a MODERATE LEVEL; Possible piston metal; FUEL DILUTION has caused viscosity to decrease moderately; Potassium is at a MINOR LEVEL; Potassium sources: coolant (antifreeze), lube additive or supplement, coating on new bearings, rust preventive coating, or environmental; Please provide missing lube type (PRODUCT NAME); Please provide unit model number so we may compare data to the proper standards for this unit;

The Ford dealer here wont fix nothing this UOA paper they will use to go to the restroom with.
I need this truck but it looks like I will lose this one too!
I am going to drive it till it breaks!
Javier

So why are you so willing to share what oil you used on this post, but not on your other one?

Jeez - the Fe and Al are high on this one too. Very likely a result of such high fuel and possible coolant contamination.

Yeah - and to echo rat, why the brand name on this thread, but not the other?

just something about this motor. it at least was very common for the oil level to rise significantly from the fuel system over fueling for DPF regen. we have seen trucks with a 15qt capacity drain over 20 quarts on an oil change.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
If you've had this much trouble with Ford trucks, why do you keep buying them?

+1

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
just something about this motor. it at least was very common for the oil level to rise significantly from the fuel system over fueling for DPF regen. we have seen trucks with a 15qt capacity drain over 20 quarts on an oil change.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
its not a problem, its normal operation of the DPF regen system.

5 quarts of diesel fuel in the engine oil is not a problem???? That would have to accelerate wear, especially on the turbochargers.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
If you've had this much trouble with Ford trucks, why do you keep buying them?

I don't think the brand of truck is the issue, but more his inability to maintain them properly.

Well, dang!
Do you really expect that the SAME oil will last long in a well used DIESEL TRUCK????

No wonder its blown up!

WHAT KIND OF OIL WAS IT????

If I could run oil that long, man would I be happy!

Truck today coming home had white smoke trailing out the tailpipe,
I stopped I smelled coolant, I checked I had none, 5 gallons of water I added just to get home.
Bets on what will FORD tell me?
Javier

Originally Posted By: talker
Well, dang!
Do you really expect that the SAME oil will last long in a well used DIESEL TRUCK????

No wonder its blown up!

WHAT KIND OF OIL WAS IT????

If I could run oil that long, man would I be happy!

what r u talking about? this truck has 4 oil changes since new, every 5000 miles.
did you guys post on the wrong thread
06.gif

Javier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back