5W20 Oil Technical data sheets from Highline/Warren..

I'd take Pennzoil over this any day.
That or quaker state next time. Pennzoil full syn seems a bit less good in voa's and doesn't have a dexos approval but quaker state looks better and is d1g3 approved already. Only a buck more so it's worth getting. May get valvoline full syn as well.

That or quaker state next time. Pennzoil full syn seems a bit less good in voa's and doesn't have a dexos approval but quaker state looks better and is d1g3 approved already. Only a buck more so it's worth getting. May get valvoline full syn as well.
Pennzoil Platinum is Shell Helix Ultra SP and has the Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval. The Ultra Platinum is all GTL, and doesn't carry Dexos. The VOA is irrelevant. I'd skip the Quaker State and go for either Pennzoil because they have a much more expensive additive package and base oils.

Pennzoil Platinum is Shell Helix Ultra SP and has the Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval. The Ultra Platinum is all GTL, and doesn't carry Dexos. The VOA is irrelevant. I'd skip the Quaker State and go for either Pennzoil because they have a much more expensive additive package and base oils.
I heard something recently about the Pennzoil having thermal breakdown and oil in the intake system from this oil..

I heard something recently about the Pennzoil having thermal breakdown and oil in the intake system from this oil..
🤦‍♂️

Shell recently had a breakthrough in their GTL process, so their base oils vastly improved, and NOACK is much lower. It's good stuff, use it with confidence. If not, there is always Mobil 1.

🤦‍♂️

Shell recently had a breakthrough in their GTL process, so their base oils vastly improved, and NOACK is much lower. It's good stuff, use it with confidence. If not, there is always Mobil 1.
I'm really not sure, I may just, use Kirkland and change it twice a year like I've been doing.. I really don't do many miles..

I'm really not sure, I may just, use Kirkland and change it twice a year like I've been doing.. I really don't do many miles..
Mobil 1 EP 5W-20 and change it once a year. Before I joined BITOG, that's what I did on all our vehicles. Without thinking twice about it, it was always a viscosity of Mobil 1 Extended Performance and OEM filter. After I joined BITOG, I picked up some bad habits, like trying out new motor oils. Yes, all the majors make good oils. I like Mobil, Pennzoil, and Castrol, in that order. Kirkland (Warren) isn't as good as Mobil 1 or Pennzoil. Don't lose any sleep over it.

With Mobil 1 on sale at Sam's Club for $30 and I need six quarts anyway I have nothing to lose. Comes after the same price just about..

With Mobil 1 on sale at Sam's Club for $30 and I need six quarts anyway I have nothing to lose. Comes after the same price just about..
I'm 100%, but from the SDS it appears that Mobil 1 5W-20 vanilla is identical to Mobil 1 EP 5W-20. Mobil made these oils so good that it's become harder to create segmentation between them. That's not the case for every product though. Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 is a unique product made from PAO and ANs, without viscosity improvers. It's cheap for what it is.

Back