5w-30 NOACK Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you can take a joke Buster!
grin2.gif

Now if M1 wasn't on this graph and I said that about M1, this thread would quickly grow by pages per minute, and then be locked.
LOL.gif

Last edited:
On a different note, MC 5000 looked pretty good. Maybe the claims of Grp III aren't far fetched?

Originally Posted By: sako
I would like to see Amsoil sold in a retail store, doesn't have to be Walmart, but perhaps a store chain like Napa Auto Parts....maybe not in every Napa store, but in some select stores. I have seen Lubro Moly sold in 2 of the Napa Auto stores in my area.....I prefer the retail setting vs a some guy selling out of his garage and who has little inventory on hand....if any.

You should check around. All of the local Carquests I have been in sell Amsoil products, they don't carry every product and some of it is not fast movers. My local Carquest still has TSO right next to SSO. I'll have to check the next time I am there but the price if correct was just to cheap for SSO. They had them stocked side by side but with 1 price.
crazy2.gif
Not that I need a case of SSO but....
LOL.gif

CarQuests as well as Napa here - Amsoil is stocked in a local True Value and a boutique racing parts store as well...

Last edited:
I don't believe the results. In particular, the closeness of Red Line 5W-30 and Mobil 1 5W-30 is hard to believe based on the many volatility tests I've done. Amsoil 5W-30 was a little more volatile than M1 0W-40 when I tested them in April 2007. I have some Red Line 5W-30 and M1 0W-40 and I plan to test their volatility soon. I don't know about Amsoil marketing but I do think highly of their oil formulations so please nobody think that I'm pee'ing on anyone's cornflakes.

Jag - I can't really speak to the closeness of M1 and Redline, but what I do know is that Amsoil buys a single quart of oil at a local store and sends it to the lab. Redline claims 6%, Amsoil measures 7.84%. Seems to me given some level of inaccuracy (+/- 1%??) of the test and normal batch tolerance (1%?) the number seems reasonable. And I'll bet Amsoil uses a dead on batch of ASL for testing.

I just know after talking to the guys at Amsoil, they didn't just make the numbers up. And of course I know you and 99.5% of the guys here don't wish to water the cornflakes with the wrong fluid.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: JAG
I don't believe the results. In particular, the closeness of Red Line 5W-30 and Mobil 1 5W-30 is hard to believe based on the many volatility tests I've done. Amsoil 5W-30 was a little more volatile than M1 0W-40 when I tested them in April 2007. I have some Red Line 5W-30 and M1 0W-40 and I plan to test their volatility soon. I don't know about Amsoil marketing but I do think highly of their oil formulations so please nobody think that I'm pee'ing on anyone's cornflakes.

Is this test going to involve a Barbeque?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back