5w-30 NOACK Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Pablo
... I laugh internally at people who think Walmart is the only model for sucessfully selling to the public. ...

Pablo,

Leave the nice sheep alone!
grin2.gif

Please. It's the sheep (more like marketing lemmings) who think they must have Amsoil or Mobil 1 for their engines to last long!

Sheep: it costs more therefore it must be better.
grin2.gif

Bill in Utah will explain further.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
While I consider this not to be an important metric, Red Line claim theirs is 6%.

And that makes sense when we really apply our knowledge from hanging out at BITOG. The most stable base oils, yet still within the viscosity range, cost more.

Buster - Amsoil has been approached by WalMart at least twice (this is published information). Amsoil said "no", so I don't think it's purely a size issue.

If Walmart can't move Castrol Edge, they're not going to move Amsoil. If you could special order it through Walmart, then yes. I think Walmart should allow you to special order anything their suppliers make.

Walmart moving Amsoil when they sell Fram filters and Super-tech style oils by the truck load? Not that there is anything wrong with Super-tech, but it shows you that people are concerned with price and not really performance.

It also shows you that they don't consider the true costs per mile either. (Oil life, longevity, environmental, engine down time)

Yikes! I've been out this afternoon, but noticed the WM remark I made really took off. I was just having a little fun with that one, so don't take it to heart. Chuckles.

I would like to see Amsoil sold in a retail store, doesn't have to be Walmart, but perhaps a store chain like Napa Auto Parts....maybe not in every Napa store, but in some select stores. I have seen Lubro Moly sold in 2 of the Napa Auto stores in my area.....I prefer the retail setting vs a some guy selling out of his garage and who has little inventory on hand....if any.

Originally Posted By: sako
I would like to see Amsoil sold in a retail store, doesn't have to be Walmart, but perhaps a store chain like Napa Auto Parts....maybe not in every Napa store, but in some select stores. I have seen Lubro Moly sold in 2 of the Napa Auto stores in my area.....I prefer the retail setting vs a some guy selling out of his garage and who has little inventory on hand....if any.

Canadian Tire carries it.

Originally Posted By: sako
They have a website you can purchase from, which is a retail store in a sense, and like OVERK1LL stated, Canadian Tire carries it and some PartSources around me carry it as well.

Originally Posted By: element_42
I love easy to understand charts!! The easier and most colorful always wins in my opinion!!
LOL.gif
oooohhhh, pretty colours.... (J/K)

That's another thing, Wallmart isn't the only place that sells oil. You can get many good oils at many different stores. Convenience does count for something.

Notice how Amsoil didn't include Royal Purple..............Now that's cleaver marketing!!!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: element_42
I love easy to understand charts!! The easier and most colorful always wins in my opinion!!
LOL.gif
oooohhhh, pretty colours.... (J/K)

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: D Bone
Notice how Amsoil didn't include Royal Purple..............Now that's cleaver marketing!!!
LOL.gif

Cleaver marketing.

5210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back