5w-30 Mobil 1 SS 5,479 Miles 03 Nissan Sentra 1.8 GXE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles on car: 60,054
Oil Filter: OEM
Air Filter: K&N Drop In

Currently I have 3 qts 5w-30 super tech oil and super tech oil filter.

-

The oil reports are starting to look better every time on the lead. I am doing an Auto-RX cleaning phase right now. As you can see car hit 60K, (that is why I am doing an Auto-RX cleaning) Maybe I should have done that before I switched over to syntactic fluid from dino. At that time I didn’t know about BITOG & Auto-rx. I also just finished using B-12 Total Combustion Cleaning Kit on the car. I used the break booster hose to ingest it into the intake manifold. Got to love that smoke! Also got an CEL P0300 (Multiple Cylinder Misfire) but I cleared it and has not come back. Wife is going to kill me when she gets in the car, boy does it smell bad! I will be trying a different syntactic oil then M1 SS. I am thinking my engine is loader with it because I has super tech 5w-30 in right now and is MUCH quieter! I will also try another oil filter due to Nissan 15208-9E000 oil filter going to non-metal end caps (look for the post in the filter forum). I welcome your comments and suggestions!

last 3 oil reports topics

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003324

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003162

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003045

Nice to see that lead go down. Lead is probably a bit lower than the '9', like maybe 7 bc about 15% of your oil didn't come out for the change.

I still thinjk you have a very, very small antifreeze leak bc of the potassium and sodium. I can't remember..do you have the Nissan antifreeze in there??

I just changed my coolant hoses and thermostat. I used Prestone 50/50 mixed (1 jug of it) I did a drain and fill. I had a flush at 46k. I am still keeping an eye on the coolant level.I havn't seen it go down. I do have extended warranty to 100k non-nissan of course

The Nissan filter (15208-9E000) should still be the same it always has been. I just bought 4 new ones last week. I even cut one open a couple days ago to snap pics from my AutoRx cleaning phase. The Nissan filter that has gone to the cardboard endcaps is the 15208-6????. It is a smaller filter than the 9E000, but is still spec'd for the VQ engines. I'd bet your local dealer can still get you the good ones if asked specifically for them.
When I ran Mobil 1 SS 5w30 in my '97 Maxima, my lead spiked, too. My iron went up also, just not as high as lead. Everything else was normal. Like yours, I was also running a K&N drop-in fair filter. It has since come out, and I have not used Mobil 1 since. And like you, I noticed my engine was definitely louder with the Mobil 1. This loudness seems to be a trend with Nissan vehicles running Mobil 1.
I haven't gotten a UOA since I ran Mobil 1, but will once my AutoRx treatment is done. I just completed the cleaning phase, and will sample after 2 rinse phases (from advice from another VQ owner). After that, GC will go back in. It made a world of difference with engine smoothness/noise when I ran it in December. You may want to try a thicker 30 weight in yours to see if the noise issue gets better. Nissans typically like thicker 30 weights, and some are even still spec'd for 40's.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back