5w-30 Castrol Edge vs Mobil 1 vs Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the ongoing Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum rebates, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of them.

@kschachn Well watch the video then it may not be a real life simulation but still shocking results. But then long term the group 4 from redline would be better than the 3+ from pup.

Originally Posted by RateNate
Well watch the video then it may not be a real life simulation but still shocking results. But then long term the group 4 from redline would be better than the 3+ from pup.

Do you believe everything you see or read?

I could find a video that shows Castrol being the best or M1 for that matter.

There is no best.

Same same. Pick the bottle color or design you prefer or choose whichever company sponsors your favorite racecar driver - all equally as effective at choosing the "best" as any index or BS you will find on BITOG.

https://youtu.be/rPLrknPf3Do
Here is your answer possibly, PUP 5w30 beat redline.

That has absolutely zero correlation with what takes place in your engine. If the SAE could cook oil on a hotplate to replace various testing mechanisms, I'm sure they would.

I agree with you there but group 4 and 5 oils are better than 3 but since it is a daily.. it wouldnt matter much in this scenario.

Better at what? If an oil meets the cold cranking and pumpability requirements for a particular W rating then it doesn't matter what the base stock composition happens to be. If the oil meets the requirements for a lower "W" number then it has to be labeled as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back