5w-20 synthetics hard to find at Wally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
offtopic.gif
I have found that Walmart is heading downhill (at least in my area). I waited 15 minutes to buy paint yesterday and then left because nobody came to assist. I have found that they are often out of certain motor oils for months at a time. It seems that they don't want to pay for enough help either.

WM in my area is an absolute mess. The store is a mess and there are carts all over in the parking lot all the time. I only go there when i have to which is only for oil.

Pep Boys in my area has no 5w-20 syn to be found. I bought 12 quarts of Platinum 5w-30 and exchanged 6 at Wal Mart for 5w-20 Platinum. I exchanged 6 qts of Q syn for 5W-20 Platinum also.

I guess I've been lucky... my local Wal-Mart generally always has at least two cases of Mobil 1 5w20 quarts stocked. And for whatever reason, they're only $3.99/quart
smile.gif

m2200b,

I'm talking about the suburbs in N.O.

Most of the stores in the city limits aren't open.

I went to another Wallyworld today and a O'Reily's, PepBoys and AutoZone. No 5w-20 PP.

So it's it looks like plan 2. MC, Castrol Syn blend or Havoline dino. decisions, decisions ...

It took 15 years before some stores would stock 5-30. No wonder some won't stock 5-20. These thinner oils don't sell as well as the thicker oils...which are perceived by "most people" as better. Oh, BTW, I disagree with "most people".

quote:

It took 15 years before some stores would stock 5-30. No wonder some won't stock 5-20. These thinner oils don't sell as well as the thicker oils...

IIRC most 5W20 is still installed by dealers, jiffy lubes, or independent shops. Most of the newer 5W20 speced cars still "new" enough where people have them serviced by professionals. I guess few DIYers own cars that take 5W20.

My local Walmart carries Motorcraft 5w20 in the 5 qt. jug for just under $10. I personally can't see the need to pay 4 to 5 bucks a qt. for synthetic 5w20.

Went to WW last night to pick up some Penn Platinum. They didn't have 5w-20 in quarts or jugs.

So, I went to look at M1 5w-20. No jugs, just quarts at $5.52 a quart ... $1.00 more than other weights.

I did find a jug of Castrol Syntec 5w-20 at $19.xx.

MotorCraft 5w-20 quarts at $2.07 is looking more and more like a option.

Go somewhere else. Pep boys, autozone, advanced autoparts, and neighborhood mom n' pop stores. We've heard this before about wallmart so go somewhere else or buy 5w30.

I have a hard time finding 5W-20 synthetic ANYWHERE around here. When the store I bought Amsoil from jacked the prices up to $9 a quart (from $6), I started ordering it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back