5w-20 Best OTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to run synthetic in my '08 f150 (5.4l). If they were the same price, which is the best oil for year round use out of Mobil 1, PP or Synpower,etc. . The truck sees highway miles, towing, and sometimes sets for a week at a time. I plan to keep this truck a long time and I believe that the extra protection will make a difference down the road. I know that MC blend is good but I can buy a "full"(and maybe a little better)synthetic for just a bit more. I am not interested in mail-order oil, just something I can get at WM or any parts store.

Flip a coin. Your F150 will last a long time. This subject has many opinions, which usually present all those you listed, as excellent oils.

My brother is running PP, he's at 30K miles. He likes it so far.

I will pick PP then Synpower.
thumbsup2.gif

Motorcraft does make a full synthetic as well as their blend. Food for thought, although I think your three choices above are all superb oils.
Gonna use a M/C filter I hope.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
All these votes for PP. I'm changing my vote M1
thumbsup2.gif
LOL.gif

M1EP might be the best OTC synthetic.
21.gif

Motorcraft Full Synthetic and Motorcraft filter if it were my truck. Phillips/Kendall/76/Conoco oils are great and their is a reason Ford chose their formula for their engines! If not Motorcraft then Chevron Supreme.

Go with Motorcraft..Both the 5w20 Blend and Full Synthetic are best oil for Fords IMHO....Change out every 5K miles and that truck will last forever...

The F-150 is the most popular Truck here In South Florida.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
All these votes for PP. I'm changing my vote M1
thumbsup2.gif
LOL.gif

M1EP might be the best OTC synthetic.
21.gif

Agreed. However, what product to use would depend on the oci you want to follow. No need for EP if you're going to run 5k oci's.

Originally Posted By: 05Blazer
Motorcraft Full Synthetic and Motorcraft filter if it were my truck. Phillips/Kendall/76/Conoco oils are great and their is a reason Ford chose their formula for their engines! If not Motorcraft then Chevron Supreme.

Conoco oils are quite good, but their standard full synthetic (Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic), which is the same as Motorcraft Full Synthetic, is really a notch below PP, SynPower and M1, IMO.

The GT-1 Ultimate Synthetic (which Motorcraft does not offer) is their PP/SynPower/M1 competitor.

Motorcraft Synthetic Blend is a best buy, but the same case can't be made for the Motorcraft Full Synthetic unless you're talking 50-weights.

M1 0w20!

M1 5w20 would probably be cheaper since that weight is readily available in the 5 quart jugs. I have yet to see 0w20 in a 5 quart jug at any of the 3 WM's around my house.

If they were all the same price (hypothetically) I would definitely pick Mobil 1 5W-20 over its competitors in terms of engine protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back