5Qt. mobil jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if only WM carries them, they won't have a Wal-Mart logo on them...they are an Exxon-Mobil product. Wal-Mart doesn't make them....

I know walmart does not make the product - I assumed walmart had the bottling design for them. I only seen 1gal jugs in the local autopart stores

Actually, the Valvoline 5Qt jugs at my local WMT do have a Walmart logo on them (with a blurb about recycling used oil at Walmart T&L locations.)

But I have not seen it on the Mobil 1 jugs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: adibigs
I know walmart does not make the product - I assumed walmart had the bottling design for them. I only seen 1gal jugs in the local autopart stores

Mobil doesn't sell oil in 1 gal jugs. They're 5 quarts. And I have seen Mobil jugs with Wal-Mart logos on them.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Mobil doesn't sell oil in 1 gal jugs. They're 5 quarts.

Sure they do...just saw some at my local Oreilly's last week. I remember thinking...why would I buy a gallon for the same price I can get the 5qt jug from Walmart?

They have jugs filled with custom amounts to get around their "price matching" ads. Around here, I've seen 3.78L, 4L, 4.4L, 5L, 4.73L jugs. Each chain gets a different jug.

Yeah its interesting isn't it, I used my last jug on my fathers Santa Fe...takes 4.98qts no problem swallowing the jug. Theres no need to really change the brand I been using- but I been looking into other brands.

is the oil in the cheap walmart jugs the same good stuff as the single QTs? on average for me is 10$ less for 5 qts.

Originally Posted By: 00firebird
is the oil in the cheap walmart jugs the same good stuff as the single QTs? on average for me is 10$ less for 5 qts.

They are the same. No oil company would have two difference production lines for quart bottles and 4-5 quart jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back