-54C Pour Point and high PAO content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art, I gotta ask ...do you have some need for it to be a group IV or group V base stock ..or are you reasoning that it must be at your current understanding of oil base stock composition and apparent performance levels.

I'm trying to get a bearing on what you're seeking here.
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Art, I gotta ask ...do you have some need for it to be a group IV or group V base stock ..or are you reasoning that it must be at your current understanding of oil base stock composition and apparent performance levels.

54.gif

What do you mean my, "current understanding of oil base stock composition?"

You insulting me Gary?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay

54.gif

You insulting me Gary?

No. I don't think so.
54.gif
It's a static and unassuming question. This thread has gone up and down and left and right and I just wanted to know if you're seeking to either prove or discount whether (and I think I've even lost any particular visc at this point) PAO is in use due to pour point. Since you've sorta rejected, in the first post, any influences/agents outside of basestock ..it would appear to be a tied hog.

So, it might be easier if you state your goal ..or leaning ..in the matter. Are you trying to confirm or exclude PAO. This tends to be a different tact than just wondering what's in use.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay

54.gif

You insulting me Gary?

No. I don't think so.
54.gif
It's a static and unassuming question. This thread has gone up and down and left and right and I just wanted to know if you're seeking to either prove or discount whether (and I think I've even lost any particular visc at this point) PAO is in use due to pour point. Since you've sorta rejected, in the first post, any influences/agents outside of basestock ..it would appear to be a tied hog.

So, it might be easier if you state your goal ..or leaning ..in the matter. Are you trying to confirm or exclude PAO. This tends to be a different tact than just wondering what's in use.

It's condescending, it's disrespectful and it's the second time you've behaved this way towards me. You're an intelligent man. Just don't think that entitles you to treat me indecently.

I'm truly sorry if my posting style offends you. It's done with a big smile on my face ..that you can be assured of.

..but is the question itself offensive? Are you trying to figure out some assured way to determine if PAO is in use ..or a way to figure that it isn't (same thing).

Now just due to my experience here, I'd say that you're looking for a way to determine if you're getting your money's worth in terms of the constituents that make up any formulated product, in this case Mobil 1.

There's nothing wrong with seeking that measuring stick. I just think that it would save you a decent amount of time if you state it as your goal in this quest.

You can "cut to the chase" here.
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back